Sig Sauer 2400

ewc

Initial impressions:

Out of the box-

You have a cordura case with molle straps. Inside is your 2400, a tripod adapter, wind meter for your phone, 3 batteries, case for 2400, lanyard, and instruction manual.

The manual is the BEST manual I have ever received. Reading it took 25 minutes. Programming the unit was 5-10 minutes.

I'm done.

The unit-

Fits in the palm of my hand. Claimed wt is 7.5 oz. I believe.

Awesome.

Optics are better than my Leica. BS? No. They are awesome all they way to the edge.

Use-

This is where I'll have to run it a bit. Today was very foggy and raining hard. Best range I could get was just under 800 yards.
Ranging is very fast. Probably twice as fast as my Leica.

Calculates line of sight and angled measure range. Nice.

Bluetooth:

Freaking great. Options here may be unlimited.

I downloaded my 7.08 info into the unit via their app. FN awesome. No more range cards. Their AC ballistic measure was spot on with my measured drops. You can see both on the Kilo and on your phone immediately.

Bad:

I think this thing will eat batteries. So much going on internally, I understand. They send you 3 batteries with the unit.

You can only input 3 gun profiles at one time. Input the 4th, #1 drops out. Also, they can only be named PRO(profile) 1,2, or 3. Not 7.08, 223, 7wsm.

You have to toggle scan between menus and then connect via bluetooth each screen. Why can't it connect in the opening screen and be done?

Will update as better conditions allow.

Judd

Latest posts