sierra bullets

tickweed

Any of you ever hunted with the sierra gameking BTHP's , or the BTSP's on deer? Any opinions on them? Pro's con's? Thanks

mr.big

the 2 biggest deer I killed were with the Sierra 165 BTSP ,one with the 308 and 46 grs RL15 the other with the 300 RUM and 92 grs RL22,they both fell dead and you could not tell any difference in the 2 wound channels.

the GKBTHP is a little tougher than the BTSP according to Sierra,,the pro with the BTHP is you can reach the lands and still fit mag length,,con is lower BC,,

with all the advances in bullets I still dont think you can beat the regular Sierra and Hornady bullets on deer sized game,

280longshot

mr.big said:
the 2 biggest deer I killed were with the Sierra 165 BTSP ,one with the 308 and 46 grs RL15 the other with the 300 RUM and 92 grs RL22,they both fell dead and you could not tell any difference in the 2 wound channels.

the GKBTHP is a little tougher than the BTSP according to Sierra,,the pro with the BTHP is you can reach the lands and still fit mag length,,con is lower BC,,

with all the advances in bullets I still dont think you can beat
the regular Sierra and Hornady bullets on deer sized game,
X2

mike243

my son took a buck last year with my 243 shooting a federal factory round with them.it worked as well as any i have used

Latest posts