should i buy this muzzleloader

Model70Man

That's a long way for a ML. I'd practice ALOT at that range. The Omega is a great ML. Top is off with good glass and hit the woods.

rocket04

the omega is a great shooting gun and quite easy to load i love mine and would reccomend anyone to get one, i am grouping 2.5in at 125 but havent shot it any further. and have been trying different powders as well.

SALECREEKHUNTER

My dad owns a thompson center omega. If you want a muzzleloader that will shoot that far i think the omega would be a great choice. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable shooting a MZ that far. He shoots 150 grains of pyrodex 777 pellets with a powerbelt 295 grain bullet and has it topped of with a leupold scope. Can hit milk jug consistently at 200 yards. Hope this helps.

Team Browning

My Omega is good at that range but Im not sure I am! Dont get hung up on yardage just to say you shot something from 200 yards with a ML or a 70-yard bow shot. You can do that on the range but unless your skills are as good as your gun, you run the risk of maiming without killing.

tndeerslayer

Omega is a great gun.......If you really want to know what and how to load, sight and clean, go on ebay and checkout the DVD for using a Thompson Omega.....The work is already done and this will give you all the details to shoot 1 inch groups ......Best DVD I ever bought......It also shows you the drop on it at 200yds......It calculates to about 1 inch per 10 yds after 100 yds......They also have a DVD for Encores.....Good Luck

Big J

If you want 200 yards you need to go to a 45 caliber muzzleloader and 150 grains of powder. I suggest Knight revolution with knight 45 grain bullets and 150 gr triple 7.

Latest posts