Muzzleloader - Breech Plug

Num1bamafan12

I'm sure this question has been asked a ton in here and I apologize for asking again.

I'm looking for a muzzleloader but got kind of delayed after I read the TN definition where they consider a ML to be anything incapable of being loaded from the breech.

I was looking at a CVA Wolf which does in fact have a breech plug and allows you to load the primer from the breech. Does TN consider this to be an illegal muzzleloader?

I'm just trying to fill a freezer.

Madbowh

Check out the traditions break action with nickel barrel at Walmart. I've had mine for 12 years and love it finally talked my old man into one. I only finger tighten the breech plug or it will suck getting out. I think it's just under $200.

Num1bamafan12

Check out the traditions break action with nickel barrel at Walmart. I've had mine for 12 years and love it finally talked my old man into one. I only finger tighten the breech plug or it will suck getting out. I think it's just under $200.
I certainly will. You have a distance for longest shot with that thing? I need one for two reasons and one of them is to shoot distance in an area that i can't use a centerfire rifle.

knightrider

The wolf will do all you need! I used one for several seasons before getting my cva accura mr, with the wolf i used 100 grains tripple seven shooting hornady 240 grain xtps killed deer out to 200 yards with that combo

Chiflyguy

I'm sure this question has been asked a ton in here and I apologize for asking again.

I'm looking for a muzzleloader but got kind of delayed after I read the TN definition where they consider a ML to be anything incapable of being loaded from the breech.

I was looking at a CVA Wolf which does in fact have a breech plug and allows you to load the primer from the breech. Does TN consider this to be an illegal muzzleloader?

I'm just trying to fill a freezer.
Get the breech plug cleaner.
Muzzle-Loaders Brass Inline Nipple Pick - Universal Muzzleloader Breech Pick https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S1QL9W8/

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Madbowh

I would worry more about powder and primers I use Winchester 777. It will go off every time, one time it was a3 day hunt and was pouring rain and I wore rain gear and shot a nice 8 and it went off but the Winchester 777 is very dirty my old man uses one powder just like it but cleaner. It may be Buckhorn something.?.?.? Not sure

Bagg-it Tag-it

I would worry more about powder and primers I use Winchester 777. It will go off every time, one time it was a3 day hunt and was pouring rain and I wore rain gear and shot a nice 8 and it went off but the Winchester 777 is very dirty my old man uses one powder just like it but cleaner. It may be Buckhorn something.?.?.? Not sure
Buckhorn 209 is a great powder. Very hydrophobic and is about the cleanest powder for cleaning barrels/breech plugs etc..

Lone Hunter

Use anti seize on the threads of the plug. You will not have any problems getting it out no matter how many times you shoot it.

Carlos

I'm a little surprised you were able to join with such an obnoxious user name.
🤣 🤣
Haha!!
Really though...

iowavf

Buckhorn 209 is a great powder. Very hydrophobic and is about the cleanest powder for cleaning barrels/breech plugs etc..
Just don't use hot soapy water to clean the barrel like other black powders. Clean the barrel just like you would your rifle. I'd always run a dry patch first because you wouldn't believe how much of the residue would come out before adding solvent.

mike243

I had my cc # hacked after ordering a BP from cva, 2 charges from Britain. never again will deal with them and have had 4-5 new rifles from them.

Latest posts