New Muzzleloader

danbiv

This year I plan on buying a new muzzleloader. I've had a Knight since I was young and it's time to turn it in. Any recommendations on my next one? I don't know what's out now so I need a little advice.

mike243

knight is still making them & are located not far from you,id say you could drive over & look at what they are offering now :).too many to pick from now as they all will shoot great with a little work,you just look for what you want in 1 & start looking & then enee menee minee moe it :)

Boone 58

Cva accura v-2 is really a stud for the price! Love mine!
P06-08-11_0956.jpg

mike243

yep new owners,they are also a sponser here,check out the header at the top of the page when you load the muzzleloading forum

BigD_625

The trick for me was finding one that had a comfortable stock. I also had issues with the click I heard on most of the break-action models. I talked myself out of some high-end muzzies because of these two. Looks can be very deceiving.

Greg M

I bought a CVA Optima last year with a thumbhole stock at Wally World for $169 on "rollback". Stuck a 3-9x40 Bushnell on it for $49 and it will shoot 2" patterns at 100 yards all day with 270gr Platinum Powerbelts and 150gr Pyrodex. It will also stop one dead in their tracks at 22. I know. As stated, just pick one. They are not your father's Oldsmobile.

southernhunter

i bought a rossi combo last year , 50 cal m/l with a 12 gauge slug barrel. got it new for 100 bucks at a local gun shop include a few extras as well . i want say its the best gun out there but for the price it works well. i put a scope on it and sighted in at 100 yards shoots plenty good for me. its a break action and i would highly recommand that if u are buying a new inline.

Trevor2

Cva wolf, cant find any difference in the wolf and the optima besides price and thumbhole stock. maybe 1" or two on barrel length not sure. but I love my wolf.

Latest posts