New saddle

Shanman

Ordered a custom camo Archon yesterday and it was waiting for me at the house today, now that's what I call great service! Last season was my first time using a saddle and I went with the Flex, great quality and really enjoyed it. After seeing the 2 panel Method I knew I had to try one, but they didn't offer a XL, so that killed that idea. Then the Archon came out and it really caught my eye and made here in Tennessee, plus they had a big boy size. Looking forward to hunting out of it this season.
20210730_210311.jpg

uncle_loue

This will be my fourth season in the saddle.im still using a double sit-drag (essentially a two panel saddle) that my wife sewed me. its super comfy and less than $100. i did upgrade my climbing stick for this season. custom one stick from Eastern Woods Outdoors in the pic. love love love saddle hunting.
IMG_0928.jpg

Shanman

Really looking forward to playing around with the Archon and first thing is to see if the 2 adjustable support straps are really needed. I personally believe they will be more of a hassle, once you sit back in the bottom panel it's not going anywhere I don't believe. Thinking a kydex hook in the center of the top panel and small endless loop on the bottom will be fine for walking in and climbing. We'll see.
Kind of crazy when you're as excited to try your gear out as you are to make a kill, it just adds to the anticipation of opening day.

Shanman

This Will be my first year saddle hunting. I finally got everything together that wanted to add. Or change for that matter. I'm excited. Now to start practicing in the back yard !
Practice all you can and have your system figured out come season, will make life alot more enjoyable and less frustrating in the dark. Your approach to hunting is getting ready to change, in a good way. 👍

Hduke86

It is so nice to be wearing pretty much everything you need on the walk in or just folded up in a pack. That was the biggest selling point to me and be able to get in about any tree also. I have noticed that I don't really climb as high as I use to when I used my summit stand. Now I find the perfect area and location depending on patterns and wind direction and then find the perfect tree

JCDEERMAN

I have the CRUZR XC that I got for Christmas. Haven't hunted out of it yet. I need to practice more going up and down. Hard to do in this heat, but it will pay off. The 3 step aider is the only thing that gives me the butterflies going up and down.

tree_ghost

I have the CRUZR XC that I got for Christmas. Haven't hunted out of it yet. I need to practice more going up and down. Hard to do in this heat, but it will pay off. The 3 step aider is the only thing that gives me the butterflies going up and down.
I am not a fan of those…tried them out. Wait till u setup on a leaner in the dark…it's sketchy.

a lot of guys don't like them but I am a spur man on private. Feel like a squirrel in the tree. It's almost second nature to me now. On public I run single aiders.

JCDEERMAN

I am not a fan of those…tried them out. Wait till u setup on a leaner in the dark…it's sketchy.

a lot of guys don't like them but I am a spur man on private. Feel like a squirrel in the tree. It's almost second nature to me now. On public I run single aiders.
I am sure the more I do it, the easier it will become, but dang....it seems every time I try it my foot kicks out or tries to.

What spurs do you have? I thought about giving them a try. Saddle, Spurs, Platform - Can't get much lighter than that

tree_ghost

I am sure the more I do it, the easier it will become, but dang....it seems every time I try it my foot kicks out or tries to.

What spurs do you have? I thought about giving them a try. Saddle, Spurs, Platform - Can't get much lighter than that
I have some old steel Klein's I bought on Craigslist for $30. I wanted to make sure I liked them before investing more money since there are so many carrying opinions on them. I am currently waiting on the Carbon Kiwi Hunters to come back in stock and then I'm gonna be as light as a man can get. Not that weight bothers me I like the compactness of my profile when moving through the thickets more than anything!!!

JCDEERMAN

I have some old steel Klein's I bought on Craigslist for $30. I wanted to make sure I liked them before investing more money since there are so many carrying opinions on them. I am currently waiting on the Carbon Kiwi Hunters to come back in stock and then I'm gonna be as light as a man can get. Not that weight bothers me I like the compactness of my profile when moving through the thickets more than anything!!!
Shweeew! That's an investment, but I guess everything is in saddle hunting LOL - thanks

Hduke86

You have the same setup pretty much as me. At first the aider was unnerving but I got the hang of it after a while and now can stretch out pretty far. I use a linesman rope when climbing of course but on the way down in the dark I made a little amsteel "safety rope" with carabiners on the end so when I'm heading down I'm always connected in two spots, one with my linesman rope incase it slips down below my knee level and two I have my small "safety rope" tethered. It's long enough that it's loose around the tree and doesn't hinder me but it will instantly get got on bark and take up the slack if I ever do fall.

JCDEERMAN

You have the same setup pretty much as me. At first the aider was unnerving but I got the hang of it after a while and now can stretch out pretty far. I use a linesman rope when climbing of course but on the way down in the dark I made a little amsteel "safety rope" with carabiners on the end so when I'm heading down I'm always connected in two spots, one with my linesman rope incase it slips down below my knee level and two I have my small "safety rope" tethered. It's long enough that it's loose around the tree and doesn't hinder me but it will instantly get got on bark and take up the slack if I ever do fall.
Yea I probably need just practice more. If I could make it a habit like I do shooting my bow every night, I'd be good in no time 😂

Latest posts