Shotgun value

Spurhunter

I bought my son a used1187 back a few years ago
Paid about $500 for it, can't remember exactly?
Carried it back and spent another $100 on it because it kept messing up and wouldn't shoot all three times without jamming up.
Never did really work right.
I would get it fixed then sell. There used to be a gunsmith at Guns and Ammo on Summer Ave in Memphis that was excellent on Remington shotguns. I don't know his name or if he's still there. Someone here may know.

CUZ

Any time ive had any trouble out of mine I change the Rubber o ring and it works just fine

Safari Hunt

95% of the owners have no earthly idea how to clean/service a 1100 or 1187.

I can do so blindfolded
This is true for a lot of gun owners for just about any firearm. I have an 1100 that is about 52-53 years old. Replace the O ring, clean the magazine tube and make sure the gas ports on the barrel are clean. Did a bit of gunsmithing as a hobby for a while. Had a guy bring a Sako that wouldn't fire. Small dimple in the primer. Bolt was gummed up and the firing pin wouldn't advance enough to set off the primer. Cleaned bolt, problem solved. I'm a Hunter Ed instructor. Got two 1187s for a class. Had to use TWO cans of Gun Scrubber to clean them! The 20 wouldn't eject the hull. Noticed the metal ring was cracked (originally covered in gunk) and not letting enough gas to properly work the action.

Chaneylake

This is true for a lot of gun owners for just about any firearm. I have an 1100 that is about 52-53 years old. Replace the O ring, clean the magazine tube and make sure the gas ports on the barrel are clean. Did a bit of gunsmithing as a hobby for a while. Had a guy bring a Sako that wouldn't fire. Small dimple in the primer. Bolt was gummed up and the firing pin wouldn't advance enough to set off the primer. Cleaned bolt, problem solved. I'm a Hunter Ed instructor. Got two 1187s for a class. Had to use TWO cans of Gun Scrubber to clean them! The 20 wouldn't eject the hull. Noticed the metal ring was cracked (originally covered in gunk) and not letting enough gas to properly work the action.
They are rather simple weapons and just not that difficult to clean or repair

trap55555

2-Step Enabled
1187 - they do need to be cleaned on a regular basis. My son shot one at trap for years. If not cleaned some they will not function properly.
We still have the gun, it has had 1000's upon 1000's of shells shot through it. Still functions great (if you clean some) :)

Latest posts