Shotgun Scopes?

Hatchee

I threatened to put a scope on my turkey gun last year and I'm gonna have to this year.
I'm looking at the Leupold VX-I NWTF 1-4x20mm.
I like it for the cool factor, color and the NWTF logo. I've got a couple of VX-II's and a VX-III but I've heard some negative comments about the VX-I's.

Other one is the Nikon Monarch Turkey Pro 1.5-4x20mm in camo. I have a better feeling about the Monarch. I got a 3x9 Nikon on my muzzleloader that I've been real happy with.

I've not been able to look through either one.

Anybody have either of these?
Any input?
Thanks

Hatchee

DA, I don't think I'd need a scope on that Mossberg because I'd have both eyes firmly shut!
I remember when they first came out, a friend got one with the old smear camo pattern and the NWTF medallion on the stock.
He got some 3.5 shells and wanted me to "help" pattern it.
He's already shot it and was waiting on me to shoot it.
I swear I thought I'd been hit by lightning.
That one's a killer on both ends.

TheLBLman

Hatchee said:
Nikon Monarch Turkey Pro 1.5-4x20mm in camo.
That's what I'm using now.
It's just perfect for my turkey gun, and doubles as a killer squirrel gun, too. It has a long eye relief, and a tremendous field of view on 1.5x ---- in fact, it would be suitable for waterfowl and dove hunting.

It is much better glass than that Leupold you mentioned. This Monarch, even with that small 20mm objective, provides an extremely bright image even in a dark woods at dawn. And that smaller 20mm objective is an advantage, since there's less for a turkey to see.

Latest posts