Bushnell Elite Scopes

PillsburyDoughboy

Did not want to clutter up a For Sale thread where it was Mentioned that the Bushnell Elite Scopes were excellent scopes.

A bit of a history lesson on them.

In the early 70's Bausch & Lomb purchased Bushnell. Sometime in the early 90s it became Bausch & Lomb Sports Optics Division. THESE were excellent scopes. They could easily rank right up there with Leupold , Zeiss and Swarovski in terms of clarity and dependability but at a fraction of the cost sometimes.

Sometime in the late 90s or early 2000 Bushnell took back over the Bausch & Lomb License agreement and started marketing them under Bushnell Elite scopes. The designs have been different and quality has suffered greatly. While I personally feel the quality of the Glass is still there (to a degree) the dependability leaves a lot to be desired. Bushnell does not seem to have any special features with the Elite offerings that other manufactures offer in similar price points and the eye relief in comparable models leave a lot to be desired. A man could spend a tad bit more and get so much more in a optic.

GOODWIN

Got a few Japanese 4500s that are good glass for what I paid for them. Great eye relief and easy to adjust. Seem to track well and clear and bright. Can't say the same about some lower end Vortex, redfield, leupold, etc , ie Philippine products. I'm a fan but these may be older elites dunno.

Latest posts