shotgun refinishing?

TRIGGER

I purchased a Ithica 10 ga the other day that's in bad shape, it has been spray painted and then stripped. I was going to cold blue the barrel and then re stain the wood but now I am torn between that or just getting it dipped. I don't think the barrel was ever blued but I'm not familiar with different finishes or options for new finishes to be honest. I just want this gun to be nice again. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Andy S.

Black Ice Coatings may be an option for you. I have read good things about this guy and his coatings on other forums, particularly some of the forums that feature hunters from out west who hunt in the extremities a lot. I currently have an old Rem 700 broke down that I am going to send to Lee for refinishing (just teflon the metal parts). I spoke to him on the phone few weeks back and he was very nice, succinct, professional, and easy to talk to as well. He said turn around time about a month for my rifle, the guys on the forums said 2-3 weeks from when he receives it. You can read more here. http://www.blackicecoatings.com/

DaveB

Yes, an excellent alternative and quite honestly, one that is less expensive than re-blueing, restocking, etc. I know I have passsed on some rifles that were mechanicaly sound but so beat up I didn't want to take on the renovation project. I have bookmarked that site and will pass it on to some fellow shooters. Many thanks

Latest posts