shotgun recommendatiosn?

TNReb

Nyper is in the mood for a new shotgun...

Any suggestions? It'll be for dove & deer (buck shot - dog drives) and turkey (someday).

Prefer to keep it under $500 since I won't be using it just a whole heck of a lot.

Warnings of which ones to stay away from?

Robo Duck

You can't go wrong with the remington 870 pump . Remchoke 26inch barrel can cover just about any situation from dove to ducks and deer. For $500 you should be able to find a good used auto 11-87 . I would make sure whaterver I bought could handle 2 3/4 and 3inch shells .

TNReb

Been thinking about the Benelli Nova. Almost bought one last year...

I'm kind of leaning towards a pump. I already have a Rem 1100.. would like to have something a bit more rugged I think. Not that the 1100 isn't capable of handling ruggedness - I just dont like to scratch her up & such. :)

FULLDRAWXX75

The versitily of the Remchoke option is definately a plus, I have an 11-87 with a composite stock, it will take the use.

The Benelli's are a nice gun also, I don't have any personal experience with them though.

FDXX75

Darkthirty II

For that, you can get a new 870 super mag. Get some 3 1/2" #1buck. I have owned a benelli, they suck, benelli's are bandwagon guns, remingtons are hunting guns. Good thing about a 870, if you need to drive it in the ground and tie your dog, thru spring and summer, you can, and it will still shoot like it was brand new in the fall. Can you tell I don't like benelli's?

TNReb

Sorry to those who dont like the Benellis...

I picked up a Benelli Super Nova last night. I held virtually every pump they had, and it's the one I liked best (have shot one before & no complaints)...

waterdog360

870 Express Turkey Model.

20" barrel with rear sight pin like the Wingmaster.
Basically a short barrel SPS Model.
Comes in at the same size as the 20 Gauge 870 Youth model only in 12 gauge. Very handy!!

I have had 4 870's. This one I am keeping.

Latest posts