Shotgun question

DIRTTRAX

Im looking for a shotgun to turkey hunt and squirrel hunt. I want a auto, Im thinking a 1187 or 935. What would you recommend for both? I have heard that both of these guns have trouble ejecting short brass shells. I want to be able to shoot 3-1/2 and 2-3/4 inch.

Any opinions or info would be great.

Chaneylake

DIRTTRAX said:
Im looking for a shotgun to turkey hunt and squirrel hunt. I want a auto, Im thinking a 1187 or 935. What would you recommend for both? I have heard that both of these guns have trouble ejecting short brass shells. I want to be able to shoot 3-1/2 and 2-3/4 inch.

Any opinions or info would be great.

you might have a problem ejecting the lightest load 2 3/4 in shells from a 3 1/2 inch 1187

DIRTTRAX

OK, next question is would you buy two different barrels or just one and change chokes? And if one barrel what length? Was looking at a 22 or 24 for turkey but wasnt clear if thats still good for squirrels. Thanks in advance

AllOutdoors

11-87 should serve you well. If i'm hunting turkeys and stalkin' squirrels, I want a short barrel. Less weight and easier handling in the dense foliage. If you plan on waterfowl or shooting slugs with the gun then I would opt for a longer barrel.

infoman jr.

I'd go with a 26" barrel 11-87. If the lowest you go is 1 1/8 ounce loads, you should be fine. I would advise shooting a box or 2 of heavier stuff just to get things worked in. By heavy, I mean 3 dram...not turkey loads. :) Good luck!

Latest posts