Shotgun patterning

big B

I read an article on patterning shotguns,in particular a company or individual you could send your gun to and have it patterned,anyone familiar with this,I think the article was in Wildfowl magazine but I have since lost it.

BIGORANGE

Angle Porting by Ballistic Specialties
Shipping Address: 100 Industrial Drive | Batesville, AR 72501
Mailing Address: PO Box 2401 | Batesville, AR 72503
Call Toll Free: 1-800-276-2550 | Fax: (870) 793-0084

Don't know if it will help but call these guys they do angle porting, back boring and lengthen forcing cones. They may pattern your gun also. You can also look at their website at www.angleport.com

big B

The reason I thought about having it done,was to keep down on cost of ammo and chokes that will be of no use once I find the right one.

big B

Most of what I found on their site was related to turkey I've already got my gun perfected for them,I'm interested in tuning up my waterfowl combo.

pcrc

I would pattern it myself. Gun needs to shoot where you are looking when gun is mounted to your shoulder and cheek not someone elses.

Chaneylake

most people do not shoot a shotgun enough to fully understand shells and chokes

just make sure the gun fits and make sure that the shotgun is shooting where you are looking, this can be easily done by shooting a coke can laying on the ground, after that all you have to learn is lead, if you are shooting bad one day then go back to the coke can on the ground to restore confidence

big B

I appreciate all the help,but I guess I'm not making myself clear,I shoot as much if not more than the average redneck.I just want to find the perfect choke shell combo for my gun without wasting money on shells and unwanted chokes,I can handle the shooting part/leading part on my own just fine,and as far as patterning that's not a problem either just finding the perfect combo is all I'm after I can handle the rest,and even using charts I've found each individual gun shoots different

pcrc

I would think the cost of shipping your gun off and then having it sent back, someones time and cost of shells, certainly they are not going to provide the shells at no cost. I dont really see the savings. Really how many chokes are you thinking you will have to try to achieve the information and results you are looking for. Just pick a choke that is matched with distance you will be shooting at and go with it. When hunting you are never shooting the same distance anyway so choke selection with the kind of accuracy you are wanting goes out the window anyway.

Latest posts