Shot the BlackHorn 209 Powder Today

Howa

I tried it out in my older T-Bolt, I'd already read online that I was gonna have ignition problems with the full plastic jackets and old breech plug, but I tried it anyway. Only fired 2 times out of 8 tries, guess I'll stick with the 777 for the T-Bolt. I bought the Blackhorn for the new Long Range Hunter, didn't get a chance to try that one out, I bought the breech plug conversion kit today and didn't have time to get it set up. Supposed to work just fine in the new gun though, I'll let ya'll know how it goes. This BlackHorn is supposed to be some good stuff.

Howa

Okay, picked up some Remington STS primers today, shot the t-bolt again this afternoon with the blackhorn and new primers, pulled the trigger 4 times, fired 4 times, looks like the primers make a big difference. It is nice not having to swab that barrel between shots.

Buccaneer

Howa - Yes, the 209 primers make the difference on the BH209. Shoot the CCA magnums. By the way, a guy shooting next to me at the range last year with a Long Range Hunter and BH209 was punching single holes at 150 yards and he shot the whole can that afternoon. Man I was impressed. That is one sweet rifle, you should love it.

iowavf

I'm going to give it a try this year. I hope it will allow me to be able to try some other type bullets and I'll still be able to reload without swabbing the barrel, that's why I shoot the PB bullets. Is it like 777 where 120 grains is equel to 150 grains?

SAWDUST

Aint it nice to not dunk your barrel in water to clean.I have been shooting it since it came out and wont go back to the other ones unless they quit making it.

UTGrad

SAWDUST said:
Aint it nice to not dunk your barrel in water to clean.I have been shooting it since it came out and wont go back to the other ones unless they quit making it.

I thought BH209 recommended cleaning with Hoppes and not water. I am going to give it another try this year.

trealtree

UTGrad said:
SAWDUST said:

I thought BH209 recommended cleaning with Hoppes and not water. I am going to give it another try this year.

Hoppes is all you need, I remember the old days when I would clean the MZ in the bathtub and stink the house up.

SAWDUST

UTGrad said:
SAWDUST said:
Aint it nice to ___not___ dunk your barrel in water to clean.I have been shooting it since it came out and wont go back to the other ones unless they quit making it.

[size]?? [/size]

Latest posts