"Shoot Thru Mesh"

rifle02

I've used ground blinds quite a bit but not extensively for a number of years. Been looking at ads for a new one. For a while now they always advertise the windows covered with shoot through mesh. I have always assumed they are speaking of archery. I could see someone shooting an arrow through the mesh window at a game animal that is close. I cannot see firing a high-powered rifle inside a ground behind. I've asked a few others and they seem to feel because of advertising and so on that you can shoot your high-powered rifle through the window of a ground find. Who in the world is that stupid. Or am I wrong is it really intended for you to shoot your rifle through the mesh window. I can't see anyone shooting hey three and a half inch turkey load through the window, the devastation to the blind would be enough to convince you not to do that again. When firing from a shooting house I have always had the muzzle outside the window. Intentionally. So am I wrong in my thinking that you shouldn't discharge a firearm inside a blind.

TheLBLman

In reality, shooting thru mesh may make less difference in POI than shooting a rifle with the muzzle taped to keep out humidity. So long as the muzzle is close to the mesh, the difference in POI under 100 yds is negligible.

I would not shoot a mechanical broadhead thru mesh.

With rifles, muzzleloaders, & shotguns, the muzzle blast blows a hole thru the mesh before the projectile arrives.

Fixed blade broadheads are also negligibly effected by mesh.

Last edited:

44 mag

I have shot a 30-30 threw a mesh window before. The deer came from a side I was not expecting. There was no noticeable change in point of impact. The muzzle blast did a number to the mesh but it was easily replaced. I did not notice it being any louder than normal.

Latest posts