Shockwave Balistics?

spctbone

2-Step Enabled
anyone know the Balistics of the 250grn. spire tip .50 cal rounds with 2-50grn. 777 pellets? I am shooting this out of a CVA Optima Elite.

Is there a place on the net that has a balistics chart???

baldntatted

A 250 grain shock wave with three pyrodex 50 grain pellets or 150 grains of loose powder by volume will provide a muzzle velocity of approximately 2150 FPS.

baldntatted

spctbone said:
Yeah but I aint using 3 pellets! LOL

What about the down range trajectory?

Sy if it is hitting 2" high at 100 yards where will it be at 150 or 200?

i wouldn't worrie bout that your not that good of a shot to shoot that far lol

megalomaniac

don't shoot at 150, much less 200 if you haven't personally shot your own gun at those distances to confirm the drop. At 200, you could be as little as 9" low, all the way down to 16" low depending on your velocity. Besides, at 200, you could very well be shooting a 6" group, even if it's shooting a 1" group at 100.

spctbone

2-Step Enabled
OK i took it out tonight, Got it on paper at 25 yards. It was shooting about a foot to the right. Anywho. At 25 yards I am shooting about a 1 1/2" 3 shot group that is about 1 1/2" Low. it got too dark for me to continue tonight. My question is wehn I go back out to shoot from 50 and 100 where should I "expect" it to hit. Is a ML bullet like a Rifle that is low at 25 the climbs out so far then starts to drop? Man I am such a ML virgin! LOL

I am guesstimating that if it is 1 1/2" low at 25 it should climb to some where around 1" high at 100 then start to drop.

AM I ANYWHERE CLOSE?????

PLEASE HELP!!

The 3 shot group I got was from a spit patch barrel( Ran a spit patch down it after shooting a round then shot the 3 with out patching it inbetween.

HELPPPPP!

big jim

spctbone,

you are running out of time. with the groups you described at 25 yds, forget 50 and go to 100 yds. sight in 1.5 inch high with the 2 pellets and you should be in the kill zone out to about 150 yds or so.

Perwsonally, I wouldn't risk a shot at 200 as you have no idea what the drop will be and you will have to consider the wind drift.

Latest posts