Shelby Forest/Eagle Lake Deer Hunting?

Huntzilla

Hey Guys, just wondering if anyone has hunted or knows about the hunting on Shelby Forest, Eagle lake refuge or the Bomprezzi unit. Just want an idea if the deer hunting there is any good. Also wanted to know about the rules and regulations. I called the visitor center and they wouldn't give me any info. Called TWRA and they referred me to Chris parks at Eagle Lake Refuge. He doesn't answer the phone or have voice mail. Big worries for me is this business about being the woods 1hr before/after sunrise/sunset and having to check in before and or after you hunt. The hunting days suck but ohh well. May mean less pressure. Sure is a lot of hoops to go though just to hunt it. Any info will be helpful! Thanks!

jwater

Shotgun, muzzleloader, or archery. Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday, need to get the free permit at the visitor center. Wild hogs are very plentiful down there. It does get hunted; all WMA's will have their regular crowd, but deer can be killed there. Eagle Lake is only open through bow and muzzleloader season; not quite sure about Bomprezzi. Get a good topo map and a GPS. Don't believe you have to check in before and after hunts anymore.