Shedding velvet yet in west TN?

backyardtndeer

Have had 2 cameras out for a month and have yet to get our first buck picture. Used to run a mineral site camera, not allowed to have minerals in high risk area, so that has cut down those pics. With health issues did not get any annual food plots in either. Hoping when the corn and beans around us starts coming out, that things will pick up.

Looks like just a fair acorn crop this year, but should get some deer coming around when they start dropping.

DoubleRidge

Middle TN....pics are from couples days ago....saw two smaller bucks that had just shed velvet as well.....but still getting pics of bucks with full velvet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210906-125915.png
    Screenshot_20210906-125915.png
    442.1 KB · Views: 124
  • Screenshot_20210904-143649~2.png
    Screenshot_20210904-143649~2.png
    389.3 KB · Views: 124

Boll Weevil

Thanks y'all. Reason I ask is velvet shed time is generally when bachelor groups start bustin' up and the last cam pull 2 days ago had all kinds of new bucks showing up that we haven't seen all summer.

BSK

Thanks y'all. Reason I ask is velvet shed time is generally when bachelor groups start bustin' up and the last cam pull 2 days ago had all kinds of new bucks showing up that we haven't seen all summer.
Exactly Boll Weevil. I usually don't see "new" bucks on cam until they are in hard horn.

Madbowh

Have had 2 cameras out for a month and have yet to get our first buck picture. Used to run a mineral site camera, not allowed to have minerals in high risk area, so that has cut down those pics. With health issues did not get any annual food plots in either. Hoping when the corn and beans around us starts coming out, that things will pick up.

Looks like just a fair acorn crop this year, but should get some deer coming around when they start dropping.
Went out the other day and seen a lot of red oaks dropping already and couldn't step without seeing chewed up acorns, middle tennesse

shopson

I have 3 year old bucks frequenting my backyard. 1 came in Sunday morning with a little velvet left flopping around. He managed to get it off while I was watching. I have pics of a nice 9 in my yard 3 years ago that got rid of his the last week of August

Latest posts