Serious deer hunters home life

huvrman

My wife has no problem with me hunting and even encourages it. It's either that or putting up with my sullen, brooding, "I hate my life" attitude until she relents.

deerhunter10

My wife is great. Never ever been an issue. We discussed it before we ever got married. We joke We are temporarily separated during deer season. She hunts some and that's cool to hunt together. I was very up-front before we even got engaged. Feel for all the ones that have issues on that front.

Iglow

My wife fussed at first but after a while she gave up and figured I was a lost cause. I told my nephew who only started duck hunting when he was 35 to not burn his hall passes on bad days, save'em for those north wind sleet days when you tell momma "I gotta go".

TIGGREM2

My wife and I are understanding that from 3 rd sat of September to the 2nd week in January absolutely nothing gets done except deer hunting ! Any project will be put on hold with the exception of an emergency! Actually missed my nieces first day because i was in a tree stand ! Its worked for 35+ yrs

killingtime 41

I'm encouraged to go usually. I've been on vacation. Before I took it I had grand visions of being in the woods everyday I could. Instead I'm laying here looking at Tn deer got me to realize once again just how lazy about it I've gotten. I didn't use to be like this. Must be to many early mornings and long days only seeing a squirrel or 2 over the years. Even though I know one good buck would change my perspective.

tree_ghost

My wife doesn't come from a hunting family. So the shock of my reality was tough at first for her. Since then she has begun bowhunting also. Early on I was extremely selfish with my hunting. It came first and foremost period…as I matured I realized I was neglecting duties as a husband. I make sure the house chores are done before Sept and I try to be as present as possible when we are doing family time. I.E. not checking trail cam pics lol. The wife and I also make it a point to throw a few date nights in the mix during season. It keeps things romantically fresh so to speak. It has really come full circle since I picked up the slack on my end. I hunt when I want, where I want, and 9/10 times in the timing I want.

DeerCamp

My wife understands when it comes to spending money on hunting. Trust me, I don't spend very much at all on hunting compared to the average, imo. She doesn't mind me going hunting and staying all day if I want to. Things have been different in the last couple of years where I can't hunt like I used to, but I hope to get back at it in the near future.

So, all you serious deer hunters, Im curious, how are things handled at your place? Does your wife/girlfriend hate you so much she's glad to see you leave? Does she gripe and moan about how much money you spend?
No.

My wife decided she wanted to tag along with me to spend time together. Then she decided she might like to try hunting too.

Now she hunts all my best stands while I babysit.

Careful what you ask for.

MUP

If my wife had a problem with it, I guess she'd either have to leave or get over it. And I for damn sure don't won't her tagging along wanting to go huntin with me. I'm glad she hates it and never wants to go, that'd be a miserable time.
I actually feel the same, bc it's my time to get away and be alone. She has her time and I have mine. :)

Tweeter

Eh, the night I met my wife I left her to go duck hunting, and the first date I had with my wife I left early to go duck hunting. I don't get much lip about my hunting cause I don't do anything else, I hate sports and I don't drink or anything like that, I tell her, I could be on meth with a hooker and that usually works!

Latest posts