Selling out of state

Jcalder

I've posted a gun online and I would like suggestions. I understand I'll have to ship to an FFL. No big deal with that. But how would you prefer payment. I would rather not use paypal and don't have a way to take a credit card. Would certified check work or a usps MO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

280longshot

Re: Selling out of state

USPS money order... I think would be your best option.

I purchased one out of state this way.

mr.big

with postal money orders if they get lost inmail you can not put a stop payment on them and will take you 3 months to get a refund from the post office,if it is not cashed by then,,if someone else cashes it you are on your own recovering the funds,,,

if you take a personal check and it is lost he can stop payment and send another one,,when you receive a personal check and take it to your bank it will take 2-3 days for it to clear and then you ship the whatever,,

most people demand a postal money order but once you go through the hassle of getting refunded when they get lost you start to reconsider,,

I have refused to use paypal but after going through a lost money order ordeal I have been thinking hard about switching views on it,,

lapuafan

Money orders can be faked, and a lot of people have lost. Another simple way is have his bank send a deposit to your account. And why do you have to use a ffl ? This is a private party sell.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jcalder

mr.big":25k0qdv0 said:
with postal money orders if they get lost inmail you can not put a stop payment on them and will take you 3 months to get a refund from the post office,if it is not cashed by then,,if someone else cashes it you are on your own recovering the funds,,,

if you take a personal check and it is lost he can stop payment and send another one,,when you receive a personal check and take it to your bank it will take 2-3 days for it to clear and then you ship the whatever,,

most people demand a postal money order but once you go through the hassle of getting refunded when they get lost you start to reconsider,,

I have refused to use paypal but after going through a lost money order ordeal I have been thinking hard about switching views on it,,
the problem with PayPal is if it falls thru they won't protect anyone cause it's firearm related. I use it often but somethings I wouldn't.

I guess I hadn't thought of a lost MO. Personal check wouldn't be terrible as long as you let it go thru before you shipped

Jcalder

lapuafan":fbc9aw29 said:
Money orders can be faked, and a lot of people have lost. Another simple way is have his bank send a deposit to your account. And why do you have to use a ffl ? This is a private party sell.

because I may be selling out of state. I don't need a felony charge or even a misdemeanor over a couple hundred bucks

infoman jr.

lapuafan":2ky2fttd said:
Lol ok

a22bb3dd57b8f48f2f5b1692d1d89801.png

lapuafan

infoman jr.":1jtz60qk said:
lapuafan":1jtz60qk said:
Lol ok

a22bb3dd57b8f48f2f5b1692d1d89801.png

And if you read and study this is for ffl, not private party sells.

TNRifleman

A private party is an unlicensed individual. Unlicensed individual means not an FFL holder. But feel free to do it or continue doing it, just let us know how it works out if you ever get caught.

Jcalder

It's there in black and white. Regardless. I'm not gonna break the law but I did sell the gun and didn't need to send to a ffl

lapuafan

TNRifleman":3fk8lpq0 said:
A private party is an unlicensed individual. Unlicensed individual means not an FFL holder. But feel free to do it or continue doing it, just let us know how it works out if you ever get caught.
Well listen what you are saying, so you telling me ever gun you sell you run it through a ffl ? And far as getting caught call Mr woods Monday at the ATF maybe he can explain it a Lil better. Best of luck

TNRifleman

lapuafan":2cvrygka said:
TNRifleman":2cvrygka said:
Well listen what you are saying, so you telling me ever gun you sell you run it through a ffl ? And far as getting caught call Mr woods Monday at the ATF maybe he can explain it a Lil better. Best of luck

This is not what anyone is saying. This whole thread is about out of state sales. It is totally legal to sell a gun to a resident of the same state you live in without involving an FFL provided that person is legally allowed to own a firearm. It is Illegal to sell a gun to a resident of a different state without involving an FFL. I do not know how to explain it any simpler than that.

lapuafan

TNRifleman":3k2vkze5 said:
lapuafan":3k2vkze5 said:
TNRifleman":3k2vkze5 said:

This is not what anyone is saying. This whole thread is about out of state sales. It is totally legal to sell a gun to a resident of the same state you live in without involving an FFL provided that person is legally allowed to own a firearm. It is Illegal to sell a gun to a resident of a different state without involving an FFL. I do not know how to explain it any simpler than that.
Well done sir !!

Latest posts