Initial impression of B14

Urban_Hunter

I'm with Mr big on the mags. Not only do they potentially limit your COAL, but the mag sticking out of the bottom is a pain. Sling it and you have a mag digging in your back. Can't believe how many rimfires have mags sticking out the bottom.

knightrider

BTW, next rifle I buy must be short action, wood stock, 3 position safety, and detachable magazine. I don't even know a company that makes one, but that is what I want.

Winchester made one with the controlled feed at one point, but that was eons ago. My only complaint about my browning is lack of 3 position safety because I want to be able to work the bolt with trigger safety still on.
I can work my xbolt with safety on, just push the little button on the handle

Jcalder

I'm with Mr big on the mags. Not only do they potentially limit your COAL, but the mag sticking out of the bottom is a pain. Sling it and you have a mag digging in your back. Can't believe how many rimfires have mags sticking out the bottom.
An Aics will not limit you unless you have a ridiculously long throat.

jlanecr500

Just personal preference, sometimes that's where I like to hold onto a rifle and at times it's in the way shooting off top of a fence post or other makeshift rests
My sentiments exactly. That is typically the balance point and where my hand is when carrying the rifle. A mag that extends below the stock is a deal breaker for me. If I can't get the deal done with 2 or 3 shots from a flush magazine, I sure don't need to keep slinging lead.

Spurhunter

A mag that extends below the stock is a deal breaker for me.
I don't need a magazine that extends below the stock. It's not about extra shots. It's about convenience. My Bergara with the hinged floorplate is a PITA to load. Tennessee Rifleman told me to flip it over and load it from the bottom, and that definitely helps, but still a PITA compared to a magazine.

jlanecr500

I don't need a magazine that extends below the stock. It's not about extra shots. It's about convenience. My Bergara with the hinged floorplate is a PITA to load. Tennessee Rifleman told me to flip it over and load it from the bottom, and that definitely helps, but still a PITA compared to a magazine.
I'll have to remember that when loading mine. Thanks for the tip.

Jcalder

It's much easier if you leave one out when you have it flipped over like Mark suggested. Magazines are nice for keeping things organized, but not nearly as pleasing to the eye.

Latest posts