Selecting the 24 calls for Foxpro Spitfire

waumpuscat

I am new to predators and trying to figure out what sounds would be best for the Middle TN area if I go ahead and get a foxpro spitfire. Any suggestions?

stickler

the best ones for me have been lightning jack dying jack dsg cottontail baby cottontail pup distress#3 lucky bird

huntinman

Mine just came in the mail yesterday. I also got the Mojo Critter. I am taking notes also. Thanks for the info guys.

huntinman

I finally got to try my Spitfire out this past weekend. I have to say I wasn't impressed with the Coyote calls themselves on the caller. The cottontails seemed ok tho. Does it hurt to switch between different calls in one sitting? I was more or less just playing with it Sunday evening. I turned on the fighting raccoons, and muted it for a second,,then i saw 2 deer take off from down in a holler I was somewhat overlooking. They didn't like those fighting coons at all. Does anyone use any additional speakers with this unit? It just didn't seem to be as loud as I thought it would be.

huntinman

Can a Coyote tell the difference between all the different rabbit calls on the Spitfire? There is a snowshoe hare, and Jack Rabbits on my caller, and I know we don't have either of those in our neck of the woods. I have just been leary of trying some of the calls for fear of spooking the coyotes away. What's everyones thoughts on this?

DIRTTRAX

huntinman said:
Can a Coyote tell the difference between all the different rabbit calls on the Spitfire? There is a snowshoe hare, and Jack Rabbits on my caller, and I know we don't have either of those in our neck of the woods. I have just been leary of trying some of the calls for fear of spooking the coyotes away. What's everyones thoughts on this?

You wont scare them away, As long as it sounds like its dying they will come. I have had alot better luck with the jack rabbit sound than the cottontail. Especially when working an area thats been called before.