Scope ring/base help, please

Tenntrapper

I just ordered a Christenson Mesa, and need some ring help. I have a 3-10x42 monarch I intend to mount on it. I want the scope as low as possible. I've read that the rifle has a high bolt lift, so I'm not sure how low I can go. Does anyone have experience with this particular rifle? How low can you go? I understand it to use 700 rings/bases. Any suggestions at all?
Just don't want to spend the next months ordering/returning rings.
Thanks in advance..

TNRifleman

I have not had a Mesa but in general, the ring height will be affected by the bases. If you are using a pic rail, they will generally sit a little higher than a standard 2 piece base. Good luck with the rifle, hope you got a good one.

Creek

I just ordered a Christenson Mesa, and need some ring help. I have a 3-10x42 monarch I intend to mount on it. I want the scope as low as possible. I've read that the rifle has a high bolt lift, so I'm not sure how low I can go. Does anyone have experience with this particular rifle? How low can you go? I understand it to use 700 rings/bases. Any suggestions at all?
Just don't want to spend the next months ordering/returning rings.
Thanks in advance..
I understand your concern and dont blame you for wanting to do it right the first time.
If you dont find the help you need on this forum, Im curious, if you were to reach out to a ring manufacturer, or the scope manufacturer and describe your concern, they might lead you in the right direction, idk.
Good luck.

Last edited:

Latest posts