Scope Mount for Traditions Vortek?

LanceS4803

Am swapping scopes and going from a 1" to 30mm, which means new rings and possibly base.

Does anyone know of a one piece base for these?

Does the Traditions Vortek screw pattern share the same pattern with any other brand of rifle (expanding my possibilities).

GMB54

Use caution mounting a larger scope on cheap extruded aluminum bases. You will beat them to death in a light weight rifle. Neither DNZ or Talley offer anything in 30mm for Traditions. EGW has one that is slightly better but its still not billet 7075 like good bases.

You will probably have to go with 2 piece steel bases and some good 30mm rings. Traditions just has too small of a fan base for the better companies to offer upper end bases for them. Murphy will make you one custom order if you want to shell out over $120 for it.

Here is the hole spacing if you want to try and match it upto others. The .860 spacing is the same as CVA. The center spread between front and rear though is not. So Warnes 980/982 steel 2 piece for CVA should also fit Traditions. Weaver 2 piece 418s fit both but they dont offer them in steel Grand Slam bases for either brand.
46500-01.jpg

Jcalder

I have a set of 2 piece bases for a cva. I believe they are dura site brand. I'd make a deal on them. If the spacing is correct. The other thing if you wanted something much better would be to use a warne base

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LanceS4803

Those Traditions mounts are pretty sketchy.

I ended up just going for it:
Leupold two piece base with detachable rings.
I have this setup on a .375 Ruger, so it is plenty strong enough. We'll see how it actually performs when put to the test for elk this September.

Latest posts