Scope for 7mm-08

Sting

I am acquiring a tikka T3 superlite in 7mm-08. Looking for suggestions for a scope in the $400 +/- range. Any recommendations? Will be used mainly for whitetails with an occasional trip out west as a backup rifle.

DaveB

Leupold or Vortex.

I must admit I saw a Swarvoski on FB marketplace that had my attention for a bit. Lots of folks here like Zeiss but they are priced out of range,

REN

Leupold VXi or VX2 are good options. A used Zeiss Conquest would be fantastic. Sig Wiskey 3 with hellfire reticle is another good options in the lower price range.
Im personally not a Vortex fan but they are popular.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Leupold VX3i 3.5-10x40 should be in your price range, and is a reasonably light optic to meet up with your light rifle. Good quality glass and warranty. Made in the USA as opposed to most competitors being made in Philippines.

But glass is highly subjective. Look through a few and pick what you like best for your eye. I'd love it if Zeiss still made their 3-9x40 conquest MC, which I have read was assembled in the US - not to be confused with their Chinese/Philippino Terra line. I've heard that the Czech-made Meopta is very similar to these, using the same glass. My Zeiss Conquest MC 3-9x40 is optically superior to the Leupold's that I own.

I really wish that Leupold still made the VX2 line, which I felt was a great value.

TiminTN

I just aquired a model seven in 7mm/08, and I put a VX-III 1.75X6 on it. Might not be enough power out west in big sky country, but my purpose was a light weight woods package.

bowhunterfanatic

I am acquiring a tikka T3 superlite in 7mm-08. Looking for suggestions for a scope in the $400 +/- range. Any recommendations? Will be used mainly for whitetails with an occasional trip out west as a backup rifle.
I have the exact same rifle. Put a Meopta Meopro on mine. Very pleased.

GOODWIN

I just aquired a model seven in 7mm/08, and I put a VX-III 1.75X6 on it. Might not be enough power out west in big sky country, but my purpose was a light weight woods package.
Nice setup. I have a 7 .260 with the exact scope and it is probably the gun I find myself grabbing the most

Sting

Yeah, I like both too. I think I'm leaning VX3i just because it is lighter and I'm going to put it on a Tikka Superlite. I do like the Moepta I own though. Tough decision.

Last edited:

jemo4570

I have a Remington Model 7 with a Leupold 3-9x33 compact on it.
I've had it close to 20 years so they may not make those any more and may be hard to find, but it weighs 9.2 oz and is perfect for a lightweight set up. The glass was the same as the VariX3 glass which was top of the Leupold line back then.

casjoker

Zeiss Conquest, Leupold Vx-3i, Vortex, Burris in that order. I have almost the same setup as jemo4570 but mine is 2-7 power. Excellent for deer. Not sure how it would fair out west I have never hunted that part of the country.

Deer444

I have a new zeiss conquest im selling i paid 1200 I will take 700 cant afford to buy a rifle things have came up .I just sold a new vx 3 leupold for 300 I paid 550 for

Rammer Jammer

In my experiences with Vortex, I have not been pleased with the lower end models like the crossfire ii. I have a hard time keeping a full image at any power. However, I do have a pst gen ii 3-15x44 and I love that scope. It currently sits on my Bergara ridge 7mm-08 and I couldn't be happier with it. I just completed a 6mm arc build and am trying to decide with scope to go with. As of now, I think I'm down to either meopta optika 6 or leupold with a cds dial. Hope this helps some.

Andy S.

I could be wrong, but I thought that the Optika 5s were supposed to be 1" tubes
You are correct, I was looking at Optika 6 models only. Good to know, thanks for clarifying. On a side note, the appearance of the scope is lacking, the magnification ring and blue ring on the objective seem hideous to me. I suppose that does not affect the performance, but still leaves something to be desired.

Last edited:

Latest posts