SBE II or SX3

thehoytman

The best for duck hunting getting muddy not cleaning colder than cold getting wet which one well still shoot like it is clean. I like the way both feel but I want the one that can take the most real hard hunting.

Darkthirty II

I like a semi auto, but I learned a few years ago that if I wanted to get a reliable shotgun for duck hunting, then I needed a pump. I have seen a lot of benelli's and beretta's jam up in real cold weather and the ones I have been around have to be cleaned religiously. Never been around a SX3, so I have no imput. My 870 gets cleaned once at the beginning of hunting season and once at the end, and whenever I hunt the coast(salt water)other than that, as long as my left arm works, so does my gun. I'm not against semi auto's, actually I prefer them, but for ducks and geese and harsh environments, I shoot a pump.

thehoytman

I have a 870 love it. I had a 935moss loved It the frist day in the field but it just got ugly from there know matter how good I cleaned it olny shoot one at a time. The frist day I had it shoot 2 3/4 four in a row fine. I know Rem. has a cheap new auto out but it is so cheap I think you get what you pay for and I do love Rem..

A

Anonymous

I agree if you want something you can use and abuse and clean once a season then get an 870...I have two. Most semi-autos will operate fine if you take care of them.

Blue5

Berretta Xtrema all the way!
Way less recoil than the SBE II!
Darkthirty Ive been in some pretty cold situations and have NEVER seen a Xtrema, Xtrema II, or a SBE II jam?
I read all kind of shotgun and duck hunting forums and everything Ive ever read says that other hunters have had the same results Ive had with these guns! Try to find a negative article on either of these guns anywhere on the net!
If you want to see an awesome video of the Superx3 go to the winchester website! 12 shots in 1.44 seconds!

Kimberman

If you want to see an awesome video of the Superx3 go to the winchester website! 12 shots in 1.44 seconds!

What good does that do on a hunting shotgun, or any shotgun for that matter?

THE ONE

i have a SBE II and hunted all duck season without cleaning it.Hunted 12 days of cold with 9in of snow on the ground in canada shot a case of shells and never jamed so evidently darkthrity has not been in to many duck blinds he must have the SBE mixed up with a charles daly.

SuperX2

I'm a huge fan of the SuperX line (hence the screen-name)and as long as you're shooting heavy loads (as you should be for waterfowl) either the Winchester or the Benelli will treat you well.

Biggest difference is a gas-operated auto-loading system in the SX3 versus an inertia (recoil) driven system in the Benelli. SX3 would require more frequent cleaning of the piston if you were shooting light trap loads, but like I said - on the heavier hunting loads, should run very smoothly.

And what these guys are saying is true: there's no way to beat a Remington 870 or Winchester Model 12 (pumps) for reliability and ability to take almost any kind of abuse. An auto-loader will always be a bit more "sensitive." But as long as you take care of your firearm and make sure it's ready to hunt before you are, you'll be fine.

Oh - and I don't know what your budget is, but the X3 costs about HALF what the Benelli does!

GOOD LUCK!

Latest posts