Savage Axis II or Model 110?

rickyk280

Going to throw this out there as well. I bought one of the SS axis II that WM put on clearance a couple years ago. Pissed me plum off!! The cheapest gun I had, and it out shot my Christensen Mesa...and it wasn't even close!!
I know this feeling, bought my daughter a 7-08 several years ago handloaded some 120gr TTSX shot it and was amazed how accurate it was. My 7-08 I want say the make I am to ashamed not even close!!

Carlos

I've got one of each, they're both really accurate and will easily shoot 1" groups from 100 yards.
I'd recommend that you also buy one of each, one in 308 and another in 300 blackout.
👍

Chiflyguy

I am thinking about a purchasing a new rifle in .308 and was wondering what the communities opinion is of the Savage Axis II vs the Savage model 110? Thanks!
I will give you my $.02
I have an Axis II in .308. It's very accurate.
But…….
The Accutrigger kind of screwed me Sunday when I squeezed on a chunky 4 pt.
I had an awkward angled shot and while I did get the click of the trigger, bullet never fired because the safety trigger wasn't engaged correctly.
I'll take 90% of the blame.
I do like the rifle though.

hoghunter65

I had an axis ll and it was a great gun reliable accurate, good trigger but just didn't fit right, to me that's the one thing I look for when buying a new gun, it has to fit well, bought a Ruger american and found what I was looking for, now own 3 of them, a .308, 300 blackout, and 6.5 creedmoor.

Jcalder

I will give you my $.02
I have an Axis II in .308. It's very accurate.
But…….
The Accutrigger kind of screwed me Sunday when I squeezed on a chunky 4 pt.
I had an awkward angled shot and while I did get the click of the trigger, bullet never fired because the safety trigger wasn't engaged correctly.
I'll take 90% of the blame.
I do like the rifle though.
I can manipulate my accutrigger and it not fire too. 2 ways to fix it. Take the blade out and it'll fire every time. Or learn to pull the trigger back the way it was intended. I like a lighter trigger so I kept the blade in mine, but I have to pull the trigger back squarely.

Chiflyguy

I can manipulate my accutrigger and it not fire too. 2 ways to fix it. Take the blade out and it'll fire every time. Or learn to pull the trigger back the way it was intended. I like a lighter trigger so I kept the blade in mine, but I have to pull the trigger back squarely.
Yup
Like I said.
90% my fault.
I choked

Carlos

I had an axis ll and it was a great gun reliable accurate, good trigger but just didn't fit right, to me that's the one thing I look for when buying a new gun, it has to fit well, bought a Ruger american and found what I was looking for, now own 3 of them, a .308, 300 blackout, and 6.5 creedmoor.
Can't hide money.
😉

Tenntrapper

Depends upon your wallet.

The two Axis I own are unreal accurate and my cash outlay is less than the Vortex glass on them.

As for bolt issues....hmmmm.......Whatever you do, do not pick up a Browning X-Bolt. Smoother than a baby';s bottom. Compared to the 110 price is close.
Are you comparing an x-bolt and a 110 and saying prices are close? I'm confused on this one.

Latest posts