Roosted is Roasted….

GreeneGriz

…..not always. Lol,

But we're going to put this group of 12 gobblers to bed here in a few minutes and get between them and the 35-40 hens feeding on the upper field just out of frame before daylight tomorrow

C09297BA-D2E1-4BF2-931F-B8EDC39309AD.jpeg

Speedwell-Hunter

…..not always. Lol,

But we're going to put this group of 12 gobblers to bed here in a few minutes and get between them and the 35-40 hens feeding on the upper field just out of frame before daylight tomorrow

View attachment 175756
I read this earlier, ever heard if this tactic? "Go to the boat shop and pick up one of those little compressed air horns. I can almost guarantee you'll get a bird on the roost to gobble if you give a toot on that thing. I use it just when it's nearly dark and the birds have had time to settle down and quit doing the limb hop thing."

GreeneGriz

I read this earlier, ever heard if this tactic? "Go to the boat shop and pick up one of those little compressed air horns. I can almost guarantee you'll get a bird on the roost to gobble if you give a toot on that thing. I use it just when it's nearly dark and the birds have had time to settle down and quit doing the limb hop thing."
I haven't used a hoot tube or locator call of the mornings in years. Too many turkeys around here. No need for it. Lol We heard probably 250 gobbles this morning and they were gobbling this evening. But I have heard people tell about using an air horn and even their truck horns to get a Shock gobble.

GreeneGriz

You must have the perfect place for turkeys to prosper. What's the secret? Have fun.
Chicken litter spread on fields 😂. It's always been like this around here. In the winter we'll have 100-200 at a time on this one particular farm everyday in and around the fields. They split up some in spring and summer.
We've had birds all over us this morning but too many eyes. My sons GF froze up when he called in 2 longbeards for her and didn't get a shot before they realized they had been fooled. I'm after a smoke phase bird. Haven't seen him in several days. Beginning to worry he's been killed on a neighboring farm or something else happened to him.

cbrock84

I haven't used a hoot tube or locator call of the mornings in years. Too many turkeys around here. No need for it. Lol We heard probably 250 gobbles this morning and they were gobbling this evening. But I have heard people tell about using an air horn and even their truck horns to get a Shock gobble.
I've been known to use my siren in my truck to get a gobble lol

Wildcat#32

…..not always. Lol,

View attachment 175756
Chicken litter spread on fields 😂. It's always been like this around here. In the winter we'll have 100-200 at a time on this one particular farm everyday in and around the fields. They split up some in spring and summer.
We've had birds all over us this morning but too many eyes. My sons GF froze up when he called in 2 longbeards for her and didn't get a shot before they realized they had been fooled. I'm after a smoke phase bird. Haven't seen him in several days. Beginning to worry he's been killed on a neighboring farm or something else happened to him.
if they haven't come off roost since tuesday to roast you might wanna quit spreading manure!!! Its getting old!

GreeneGriz

Kill pics??? They looked roasted to me

Hopefully we'll have some video footage soon
if they haven't come off roost since tuesday to roast you might wanna quit spreading manure!!! Its getting old!
Wildcat, you're an idiot.
We've helped 2 newbies take their first bird and we've had 2 newbies miss their first shot at a bird. Actually…one of them missed 3 birds in one day. 😆 We've had a good couple mornings. I'm traveling out of town to hunt this weekend. My son is guiding and trying to get his girlfriend and his sisters boyfriend to their first bird tomorrow after the rain moves out.
Get off your phone and actually go hunt for a change. You need to get outside and breath some fresh air. It will do you good, and try some therapy. You need more of that than fresh air.

Wildcat#32

Hopefully we'll have some video footage soon

Wildcat, you're an idiot.
We've helped 2 newbies take their first bird and we've had 2 newbies miss their first shot at a bird. Actually…one of them missed 3 birds in one day. 😆 We've had a good couple mornings. I'm traveling out of town to hunt this weekend. My son is guiding and trying to get his girlfriend and his sisters boyfriend to their first bird tomorrow after the rain moves out.
Get off your phone and actually go hunt for a change. You need to get outside and breath some fresh air. It will do you good, and try some therapy. You need more of that than fresh air.
stay classy my friend!!! the name calling along with the manure getting spread is again getting old!!

Latest posts