Son is tagged out

TN Larry

2 days and 2 tags and sends his last juvenile out with a "bang". Got to thinking and he's killed one the last 6 days of his juvenile hunting and think it's the 4th time he's killed two on juvie weekend.

This one wasn't as exciting as yesterday's but still an adrenaline rush. We heard several this morning on the roost but went silent after fly down. Headed to church and went back out this afternoon halfway hunting and halfway scouting. We were coming through a field and topped a rise and there they were. I stopped and starting mouth calling and two gobbled. That made them hesitate enough for a shot.

22.5 lbs
10 1/4" beard
1 1/8" spurs

4D7B37A0-F4AC-4560-9B84-18AA69D8F202.jpeg

8045C3F5-8508-4ECE-A2FB-EE4840A2246B.jpeg

megalomaniac

Congrats?

I'd have mixed emotions. Thankful and excited for the kill, but would regret punching my last tag with 6 full weeks of season to come I'm missing out on.

TN Larry

Congrats?

I'd have mixed emotions. Thankful and excited for the kill, but would regret punching my last tag with 6 full weeks of season to come I'm missing out on.
I hear you but no regrets here. It's prime fishing right now too and don't have to split time between the two. I love turkey hunting as well but won't hurt my feelings to punch two tags early either. Now if it wasn't for fishing as much as we do, I'd go stir crazy.

He can go with me if he wants to be in the game again. He killed his two early last year and then watched me kill two so still got plenty of action.

Latest posts