Right-handed to Left-handed

Jake47

I am left eye dominant but have been shooting right handed for 18 years. I went into the bow shop today to pick out my first Mathews. After shooting the Creed (loved it!), HeliM (loved it), Monster Chill (liked it-hated how huge the cams are) and the ZXT (a little heavy for me) all right-handed, I mentioned to the tech the I was left-eye dominant. She old me I had to try shooting lefty.

So I grabbed a 65# bow and very shakily drew it back. I was really struggling to keep it at full draw but I managed to launch a shot. I said I didn't think there was any way I could make the switch. She told me to keep shooting and I did/ after about 10 shots I was starting to feel better. So she put a sight on and then I could really see the difference when shooting with two eyes open. I ended up shooting 20-25 arrows and was feeling pretty good by the time I was done.

So needless to say, I didn't walk out with a new bow because I need to figure out if I want to make the switch. I am leaning to making the switch after the season and might look for an old lefty bow to practice with. Anyone ever make this switch and if so are you glad you did so?

TNDeerGuy

I would start shooting left-handed if that is your dominate eye, but honestly I would wait until after season to make the switch,�your comfort level really should be in charge of that decision.

TheAirMan

I did like 3 or 4 years ago. Not really because I am left eye dominant, which I am though. I have bad astigmatism in my right eye that my glasses or contacts won't correct. I did it so I could see better. I never did having a problem shooting left hand. I did get a little crossed up nocking an arrow with the opposite hand during practice for a bit but it didnt last long

Latest posts