Rigging a new boat

hillbillyfab

I put a deposit down on a new jon boat. It's going to be a little while before it gets rigged. I like to run in shallow and skinny water, so I'm thinking of adding a jack plate. Any suggestions on a brand or type?

Pilchard

Bob's. I've had them all and Bob's is the way to go. I'm a big fan of paralift also but I think that's overkill on a jon boat since setback probably doesn't matter.

Stay away from the manual ones- I think they are called on the fly... I forget what they are called but have buddies that put them on small skiffs and hated them.

hillbillyfab

I have never seen a jackplate on a motor that small. I think bobs has a mini jackplate for engines under 50hp. It's spendy but really cool if you are willing to spend the money.

I went and looked and yes, you're right Bob's does make one. I wanted bigger than a 40, but that's what the hull is rated for. So I'm going to go with the 40 for now.

JBell

Bobs and Vance both make the hydraulic jacks. Vance was what the dealer sold that I purchased from. I don't remember the differences. But wasn't much

hillbillyfab

Well I'm thinking I might get my deposit back. Dealer called and said they're a month out from getting a trailer in for this boat. I might be on the hunt for another 🚤.

Gravey

Well I'm thinking I might get my deposit back. Dealer called and said they're a month out from getting a trailer in for this boat. I might be on the hunt for another 🚤.
Not sure where supply is right now but you may be better off waiting on the trailer especially if the boat is what you want. When we built our boat in 2020 my wife wanted to buy the one on the floor and I didn't like the colors. We ordered it like we wanted and it sucked being without a boat for 2-3 months but was ultimately worth it. She even said so.

hillbillyfab

I think supply is kinda slim at the moment, but I'm finding more boats out there if I drive a little further. Gonna go look at a Havoc here in a little bit.

Latest posts