Remington Kleanbore 209 Primer problems

Gauge

I tried these out this past weekend while sighting in my muzzleloader. Had 4 that didn't fire at all. Was wondering if you guys have experienced similar results? I'm using a TC Black Diamond and never had a problem before. Going to be looking for new 209 primers now.

Gauge

I guess so. I am going to replace them. With my luck they would would ftf when a wall hanger come by.

451LRML

I use Black and these are one of the weaker primers out there - which I've found to be a good thing as they gave me the most accurate load in my in-lines compared to many other brands. I've never had any ignition issue with them.
You're on the right track to try another box - even if it's another brand.
You might be able to see the indention on the primer (fired and those that didn't) to see how hard your plunger is hitting?

jetwrnch

What rifle? Could be a harder primer, head spacing (Encore) or weak hammer spring. Do you have a hammer with one of those levers attached for scope clearance? Crud around the pin from last year?

Gauge

TC Black Diamond. No hammer. Spring seems to be in good shape. Indentations on failed primers are as deep as the ones that fired. Seems to be a bad batch of primers so I am going to try some different ones.

Latest posts