Reminder.. CO DRAW

midtndeerhunter

Put in for my first ever Colorado preference point for deer and elk yesterday. Whole process is foreign to me but figured i should start racking them up. Pooped the bed and missed all the other state elk points I believe. Except Wyoming which opens up for points in July. Any others still open worth applying for points ?

AT Hiker

CO is slowly changing things up, making OTC permitted hunts and therefore putting pressure on other units...which is making them go permitted.

I made my yearly donation last week. Was hoping to get out and scout some late summer so I can burn these points, looks like the wife has other plans....

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
I put in for points on deer and elk. Will buy a 1st season rifle tag in June for our drop camp hunt. May buy a bear tag since they had bears all over the place last fall.

Antler Daddy

I had plans to start this year, but missed it. Weight loss continues though. I'm interested in the youth elk hunts....I suppose those dates are gone too.

I am probably going to join gohunt or another service.

Speedwell-Hunter

The 2022 CO big game application deadline is April 5th @ 8pm Mountain Time. Join the other 200k or so hunters putting in for deer/elk :)
so if you book a guided elk hunt, you cannot even go until you apply and actually win the lottery? does that mean some hunters never get to go? odd

gtk

Staff member
so if you book a guided elk hunt, you cannot even go until you apply and actually win the lottery? does that mean some hunters never get to go? odd
Several variables.

All of CO Deer is draw only.

There are several OTC rifle units in CO. You dont need to draw for OTC. So it depends on season (archery/muzzleloader/rifle) and Unit.

some guides/landowners have landowner tags, which they can in turn sell to you also.

gtk

Staff member
Well, anyone get drawn? Looks like I didn't get my deer tag this year, bummed about it because deer is a gimme on this place I hunt. Maybe I can snag a leftover

gtk

Staff member
CO 2nd draw opened yesterday. Although I was not drawn on the first draw, I see there are 17 tags available for what I was wanting. So I put in for 2nd drawing. Easy way for CO to make another $10.

Youth get 100% favor in this 2nd draw, but maybe they all were successful in the first and I'll have a shot.

I guess people turned in those tags already? or maybe didn't pay.. Not sure why I didnt draw but the tag I wanted is in 2nd draw.

Latest posts