2023 WY Draw Results

gtk

Staff member
I did not get drawn for my antelope tag. I thought i had a pretty good chance, since there is not much public land at all in this unit, and the snow wasn't bad (south-east part of state)

guess i should have paid more for the higher percentage draw ..

Buzzard Breath

Points only for me this year (in a couple weeks). I've already got another big hunt planned for the fall and may even do a winter hunt this year. If I was going to take a stab at a OIL tag, this would be the year I'd draw it and not have adequate time to devote to it.

AT Hiker

Burned my double digit antelope points, hindsight my wife should have burned hers, too. However, I'm concocting a plan for 2024 it's just going to take a quick drive thru in a specific unit to see how bad winter kill really was.
I really hope the biologist I spoke with wasn't bs'n me, regardless I needed to burn them.

Rough plan looks like I'll be bow hunting speed goats first of Sept, depending on how things go I'll either bust out the rifle mid Sept or go back on my daughters fall break in mid Oct.
Was hoping to do an elk scouting trip, still a possibility though.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
I have a baby boy due in September so I am just racking up another point this year for deer antelope and elk. Hoping to burn the antelope points next year as long as my buddy and I both manage to keep from knocking our wives up again. He had one in May.

AT Hiker

I have a baby boy due in September so I am just racking up another point this year for deer antelope and elk. Hoping to burn the antelope points next year as long as my buddy and I both manage to keep from knocking our wives up again. He had one in May.
Antelope hunting is fun, so is knocking up the wife.
Good luck on your decision 😂

tellico4x4

Burned my double digit antelope points, hindsight my wife should have burned hers, too. However, I'm concocting a plan for 2024 it's just going to take a quick drive thru in a specific unit to see how bad winter kill really was.
I really hope the biologist I spoke with wasn't bs'n me, regardless I needed to burn them.

Rough plan looks like I'll be bow hunting speed goats first of Sept, depending on how things go I'll either bust out the rifle mid Sept or go back on my daughters fall break in mid Oct.
We need to talk. Planning on scouting next fall & elk in 2025. Could always be another set of eyes next year

sneakybow

I have friends all over Wyoming if you have a specific unit you want some real talk on. Be nothing to see if it's in their area. I'm sure they're out scouting right now, same thing I'm about to head out the door for.

sneakybow

Didn't apply in Wyoming, but drew a controlled hunt rifle elk here in Idaho along with two of my cousins from TN. This was their first year of applying, it's all random draw here in ID, no points. I drew rifle bull, late cow , and an unlimited draw archery antelope tag that starts on Aug 15th. Have to find a portable AC for the blind for that hunt.

knightrider

Last week i seen plenty of antelope all over wyoming, granted it was all paved highway sightings, saw lots from cody down to cheyene and onto the colorado border

knightrider

Did you go down through rock Springs or did you cut across Thermopolis to Casper then down to Cheyenne?
Thermopolis to casper to cheyenne, like i said i dont know anything about zones or hunting areas only my 1 time through that area but seen lots of nice what i would call quality antelope through that area

AT Hiker

Thermopolis to casper to cheyenne, like i said i dont know anything about zones or hunting areas only my 1 time through that area but seen lots of nice what i would call quality antelope through that area
I hope you stopped and soaked in those hot springs😁

You skirted the Red Desert, which took the worse of the winter, but it's good to know you seen some good numbers on the fringes of it.
Look at your map and focus on I-80, that sorta encompasses the Red Desert.