Relocating hunter

Huey43

Hello. Am an avid hunter out in California and will be retiring soon. I love hunting Boars, Turkey, Dove and Quail. Am looking for an area to purchase about 100 plus acres so I can spend a majority of my retirement hunting boars and turkey. I saw somewhere that Big south fork has hogs, so I was looking for land around there. Anyone have any other suggestions? I appreciate any ideas/help.

Attachments

• Boar.jpg
    Boar.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 5

Wooden Arrow

welcome from another newbie! finding populations of quail will be difficult in Tn. prob more of them in western end of state, not sure. haven't even heard one call here in over a decade. too many small farms turned into huge farms that are plowed from fence to fence. they were everywhere when i was younger, even see coveys scurrying across the streets here in town at times...i did bump into some around Lawrenceburg several years ago while working there.

huvrman

Welcome. You'll enjoy TN. Good deer and Turkey opportunities. Some hog but less so than deer or turkey. Quail, ditto on others' comments. Land is available, but often remote. Middle,East TN mountain properties are available in large tracts, but in order to afford it, it will likely be very remote and very steep. But, if you are coming from California, your dollar will go a lot farther here. Find something in greenbelt (property tax reduction). And with no state income taxes, you can save a lot. Good luck!

TboneD

Not enough quail in TN and I wouldn't want hogs on my property. Most of TN has plenty of deer and turkey, though, and I'd call the Cumberland plateau a sportsman's paradise unless you were a duck hunter. Good friend of mine from church moved from Cali and I sure can't blame y'all for leaving. Welcome!

huvrman

Hello. Am an avid hunter out in California and will be retiring soon. I love hunting Boars, Turkey, Dove and Quail. Am looking for an area to purchase about 100 plus acres so I can spend a majority of my retirement hunting boars and turkey. I saw somewhere that Big south fork has hogs, so I was looking for land around there. Anyone have any other suggestions? I appreciate any ideas/help.
Couldn't help but notice your callsign? Do you have a military background?

huvrman

Just sent you one. You should be able to click the envelope besides your name at the top of the page. Then put In my name and your message. Then start conversation.