Lebanon TN Brand New Hunter

vzaayman

Hey ya'll my name is Vian and I'm a new hunter. Been shooting firearms my whole life as my father was in the military but I've never gone hunting.

Hoping to shoot my first deer this season so I'm taking my hunter's safety course.

Hoping to learn all I can about how and where to hunt here in Tennessee from this forum.

Thanks!

vzaayman

Hello from Robertson County.
Nice to meet you! I'm curious about hunting on public land. I'm hoping to buy the all-inclusive Sportsman's license so I can hunt anywhere.

Once I've done this is it as simple as heading to public land when hunting season opens and hunting? Or is there more I need to be aware of?

Appreciate any advice!

haricot_vert

Nice to meet you! I'm curious about hunting on public land. I'm hoping to buy the all-inclusive Sportsman's license so I can hunt anywhere.

Once I've done this is it as simple as heading to public land when hunting season opens and hunting? Or is there more I need to be aware of?

Appreciate any advice!
Welcome Vian! The Annual Sportsman's license is a good idea to not worry about WMA-specific licenses. You are correct that all you need is your Sportsman's license and then you can head to public land when the season for deer opens for your weapon of choice. You may already know this, but make sure the season is open for the specific WMA you are wanting to hunt on. Seasons can vary a lot from WMA to WMA, some have quota hunts, etc.

Good luck out there and welcome to the forum!

Latest posts