Reelfoot Lake Fishing...

Reelfoot

With the bad weather this past weekend, we didn't get to do much fishing. Did manage to get out today and fished some trees and pads out of Kirby's Pocket. Managed 5 really good specs from the pads. Wind was terrible!! Talked to a couple of guys and seems that the fish are really starting to stage up on the trees.

Reelfoot

Been a while since I posted an updated fishing report...too much bad weather and uncooperative fish so here goes...

The crappie are now back to their usual haunts for post-spawn. We have done pretty good fishing Swan Basin, Caney, Grooms, Buzzard Slough, and the Fencerow. The fish are generally in 9-12 foot of water. Look for big schools relating close to some type of structure. If you get into a school of little ones, you're better off moving since they are pretty much schooled-up according to size now. Minnows have been the bait of choice with a blue/white jig doing pretty fair tipped with either a minnow or crappie nibble.

Later,
Reelfoot

scope eye

MsuFinProf said:
How is the bluegill fishing now? Love catching those big black gills. Thinking about going this weekend.
I work at UT Martin and have a place here on campus that makes the bluegill at Reelfoot look silly. I would invite you down but since your from the evil Murry State.......... :D

Latest posts