Reelfoot Lake Fishing...

Reelfoot

The crappie fishing and bass fishing is really doing well. Posted a fishing report on the wrong site...TWRA...my bad!! If someone could move it I would appreciate it. If you need or want anymore info or want to go fishing, shoot me a message.

Coach B

I try to get up there once a year for a little crappie fishing. Wife has some kinfolks in the area who let us stay for free. I usually go during the summer to avoid the crowds. Long ways or I'd go more often.

stik

never been there but it's a looooong drive from here. if i am going to drive that far to go fishing, it will be for some toothy, saltwater critters.

Reelfoot

The crappie should start spawning this week with the temps being in the 70's. If you have never been here you should at least come once and experience this place...it's like a trip back in time. I love this place. Very peaceful and consoling to the soul.

Reelfoot

Fished the past weekend and man did the wind blow!! Friday I fished six different places...Moultrie, Rat Island, Bell Stumps, Blackjack Pocket, Airpark, and Kirby's...wound up with 18 decent fish. The water temp was 62 and the fish are staging getting ready to spawn. The baits of choice were Grizzly Rigs in white and chartreuse, and umbrella jigs in black/chartreuse and blue/white. With the promise of warm...very warm temps, the fish should hit the banks by midweek. If ya need more info pm me or contact me off my website.

shelbydeer

just got back from reel foot.... fished friday and caught alot of fish but all were small for every six fish i caught i would only keep one fished about 8ft deep with minows....went sat for little bit and moved up into shallow water caught a few fish but not many. From talking to people they did not do very good shallow either water was 66 so fish should have been up shallow anyways good luck and i will head back in a few weeks

Reelfoot

Well to say the fishing was messed-up would be an understatement...with the cooler temps at night coupled with the fact that the fish are trying to spawn...this weekend was messed-up. Most all reports were of many little fish being caught and not many keepers. We fished hard from Fri-Sun and managed only a handful of big fish. Our biggest was caught Sunday out of the Kirby Pocket area off of the trees. The pattern that seemed to work the best for bigger fish was jigging trees that had some type of current around it...being the wind or natural flow. The color of jigs that we used were black/chartreuse, blue/white, and white/lime-green. Did some spider-rigging through the trees late Sunday and picked up several males on stumps. This week should put the fish shallow with the warmer nite-time temps and daytime temps in the 80's.

Reelfoot

The fishing at Reelfoot Lake has gone to scattered in a word. Many of the fish have spawned and are in the post-spawn phase...in other words...contrary!!! We did manage some good fish on the trees and spider-rigging between the scattered trees. They were hard to find and the small fish are everywhere.

Reelfoot

Yes, over the past week we have been catching several gar and drum. With the water getting warmer the "junk" fish have been biting as well.

Latest posts