Reelfoot Crappie…UPDATE

Coker

*******UPDATE******
Finally taking a trip to Reelfoot in mid May for some crappie fishing. I have never fished reelfoot and am very excited about going. Me and 3 friends are hiring a guide and fishing for 3 days. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate. Any tips would be appreciated.

Just arrived home yesterday with zip lock bags full. We fished two days Under tough conditions. First day was cloudy in the morning and sunny in the afternoon and windy all day. We brought home 41. Second day was rainstorms on and off and windy and we brought home 49. Most crappie kept we're what I consider giants but Reelfoot considers average. We did catch a couple two pounders. we had a great time and are talking about going again next year.
Our guides were Chase Petty and Tony Hughes. They were Top Notch.

Attachments

• A139C220-23FA-407F-92DB-46FFFA1CBB49.png
    A139C220-23FA-407F-92DB-46FFFA1CBB49.png
    428 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Coker

I have spider rigged on Kentucky Lake. Not a huge fan. I would rather cast and reel. Don't get me wrong, spider rigging is action packed and can catch a ton of fish but its not my favorite.

gasman

Finally taking a trip to Reelfoot in mid May for some crappie fishing. I have never fished reelfoot and am very excited about going. Me and 3 friends are hiring a guide and fishing for 3 days. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate. Any tips would be appreciated.
What guide are you using if you don't mind me asking?

fairchaser

I used a guide and fished Granada and caught some giants. We caught 38 keepers and most over 2 lbs. well worth a guide.