Red Dot scopes/Holosights

showmehorns

Can't remember the exact price, I think it's somewhere close to there, but my Burris Speed Dot has taken a LOT of punishment and the battery life is outstanding.

megalomaniac

I'll agree with smh, but mine is on my 10 gauge. I've knocked the stew outta it turkey hunting, and I've had no issues with it holding zero. Battery life seems to be pretty good as well, as I've forgotten and left mine on overnight several times, and in 3 seasons, I'm only on my second battery.

I paid $135 for it new a couple of years ago... not sure what they sell for now.

megalomaniac

Oh, downside about the speedot... you might want bigger than a 3 MOA dot or a selectable dot/reticle. For me turkey hunting though, it's perfect.

firefox

I wouldn't recommend any red-dot below the going price of a current aimpoint ML2. What makes a good red dot fast and accurate is that you don't have to center the dot in the tube and it is parallax free. If you go below the $350 or so for a new Aimpoint ML2 you will either have to center the dot inside the tube or the parallax distortion will throw your room distance shots off a tad and you won't even hit a half-silhuotte at 200 yards. Red dot sights really are a case of you get what you pay for. I don't like holographic sights so I'll keep my even more negative comments to myself ;)

.444 Marlin

Pascal said:
.444 Marlin said:
Can someone name off any holosights/red dots $200 or less that are reliable and would be a nice addition to my RRA?

What's an RRA? Rock River Arms? If so, I'd assume it's an AR. With my Beretta CX4, I have a red dot sight on it. I don't like it because when the battery goes dead, the iron sights are useless. I'm in the process of looking for a laser/flashlight to mount underneath the barrel. Batteries go dead, the gun's a nail driver with iron sights.

MYCX-4.jpg

That looks kinda like the ATN red dot Ive been lookin at getting...

.444 Marlin

I went ahead and bought a ATN Ultra Sight tonight. Looks very very similar to the one pascal posted a picture of but has different crosshairs instead of different dot sizes like the one he posted. I put it on the gun as soon as I got home and it makes the gun feel so much better when holding it because it sits up about 1/2" higher than the nikon prostaff that I had on it. Will get pics tomorrow.