Raw oysters

bowriter

R.I.P.
Man, I just can't handle that wasabi sauce. Other than the sauce I make, just give me a little Mcelhhenys tabasco and real cold beer.

I make my sauce with a little tabasco, worch. and Rotels with habaneros in the blender. Doesn't take much, just a drop or two. If you haven't tried the Rotels with habaneros for sauces or in chilli, you are missing something.

green doe

I prefer them raw. The best ones I ever had were in Vancouver. I was in Seattle last year and I had some in my scrambled eggs. It was horrendous. I guess I'll just stick with the raw ones.

And TR - you do taste them as they slide past your tongue. I don't have to bite into it to taste it. And, to me, their flavor invokes a scene of beauty and a feeling rather than just a sensation on my tastebuds. I love looking out at the ocean seeing the blue waves roiling and smelling the salty mist. That's what a good oyster tastes like to me.

LA man

i love them raw but deep fried is great also. and like BW says open up a 12 inch po boy bun and stuff it full of fried oyster. it dont get much better than that

bowriter

R.I.P.
The ones in Vancover are a different breed just as the ones one the east coast are. They have different flavors. The oysters in Vancover are superb. But it is hard to beat a fresh Gulf oyster. I like them fried but raw is the way to go.

Now the blue points, up on the east coast, for God's sake don't fry them. A little hot sauce and slurp. It would be a sin to fry that bird. The clams from there are also killer...and cheap, too.

Man I wish I had three dozen right now! And a double handfull of fresh, crisp saltines.

I think I am going to cry. In fact, I am crying.

TennesseeRains

green doe said:
And TR - you do taste them as they slide past your tongue. I don't have to bite into it to taste it. And, to me, their flavor invokes a scene of beauty and a feeling rather than just a sensation on my tastebuds. I love looking out at the ocean seeing the blue waves roiling and smelling the salty mist. That's what a good oyster tastes like to me.

Well...for some reason I feel a little warm after a description like that.... :grin:

Still don't like em though.

bowriter

R.I.P.
TennesseeRains said:
green doe said:

Well...for some reason I feel a little warm after a description like that.... :grin:

Then please pass me yours.

Cuttin Caller

Staff member
bowriter said:
TennesseeRains said:
green doe said:

Then please pass me yours.
I will take them too.

fishboy1

I like em on the half shell with a drop or two of Tiger sauce, a pinch of crumbled bacon, and a pinch of shredded cheese.

Make up a whole sheet of them and put them on wood fire bbq until they just start to shrink a tiny bit and the cheese melts and not a second longer.

Cold beer for a chaser watching the sun set on the Indian river.

Latest posts