Oysters

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
My buddy and I were talking the other afternoon and he said he wants to go somewhere and eat and get a steak and some oysters.
He likes them fried but that is the only way.
I like them absolutely any way you can get them to me. LOL

Anyway, we were just talking and I said I remember my mom buying oysters in a little jar thing, kinda like you buy chicken livers in.
She would put them in something, I know it had milk in it, and we would eat like a oyster soup.
I haven't seen them like that in years but then again I haven't looked.

So my little pee brain started churning.
Why can't I buy some of those and just batter them up and deep fry them myself.

The next cookout will be a surf & turf with ribeyes, fillet, shrimp and fried oysters. :)

I'm kinda looking forward to it.

Anyone ever fry them yourself?

mike243

I have seen the cans of smoked oysters and folks like to make stuffing during Thanksgiving with them, never tried it prefer deep fried, texture of the canned don't set well with me straight out of the can.

Chaneylake

RUGER, try this.

The tub of oysters are usually in the meat section of stores.

Place one oyster in each section of a muffin pan.

Pour a little melted butter on each oyster.

Crunch up any type of hot and spicy chip/cracker and sprinkle over each oyster. Then sprinkle parmesan cheese over each oyster.

Bake in oven(I don't remember time and temperature)

Have a good bread on hand so you can dip into the buttery goodness of each section.

waterman

our Kroger has them in the seafood section . maybe Williams point oysters? normally about 9 bucks a container. if you will watch there expiration date, they put them on clearance a day before expiration. usually get them for.99. freeze them right in the container until ready to fry. we put on a major oyster fry at camp every year. love them

Attachments

• IMG_20200617_112438521.jpg
    IMG_20200617_112438521.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 932

TAFKAP

RUGER":1ceeqlf7 said:
My buddy and I were talking the other afternoon and he said he wants to go somewhere and eat and get a steak and some oysters.
He likes them fried but that is the only way.
I like them absolutely any way you can get them to me. LOL

Anyway, we were just talking and I said I remember my mom buying oysters in a little jar thing, kinda like you buy chicken livers in.
She would put them in something, I know it had milk in it, and we would eat like a oyster soup.
I haven't seen them like that in years but then again I haven't looked.

So my little pee brain started churning.
Why can't I buy some of those and just batter them up and deep fry them myself.

The next cookout will be a surf & turf with ribeyes, fillet, shrimp and fried oysters. :)

I'm kinda looking forward to it.

Anyone ever fry them yourself?

Yep.....salted corn meal and hot oil. Easy.

You should be able to get fresh oysters in the seafood dept. I think they come per pint. About $16 maybe?

WTM

lol, yall can have all you want. the smell of fried reminds me of socks after football practice. never ate them raw but the image of honker wads and hot sauce come to mind. maybe it was those years as a teenager cooking off tons of mussel shells that ruined me on oysters.

strange, i can tear up some steamed clams though.

TAFKAP

The TAFKAP's & Family just spent a week in Pensacola beach. We went through at least 2 gallons of oysters while we were down there. Most of them ended up baked in butter....this has become a family favorite, and TAFKAP Jr. will about tackle you to get to them

104778235_130576858665400_8545560119606930646_o.jpg

BamaProud

I love Oysters but never found any store bought ones that came close to fresh. I'm even disappointed some times when I get them from a restaurant on the coast. You just can't beat buying a sack and shucking them fresh. Or better yet, going out and picking them up yourself.

JCDEERMAN

TAFKAP":2768l8br said:
The TAFKAP's & Family just spent a week in Pensacola beach. We went through at least 2 gallons of oysters while we were down there. Most of them ended up baked in butter....this has become a family favorite, and TAFKAP Jr. will about tackle you to get to them

104778235_130576858665400_8545560119606930646_o.jpg
Care to share how you prepare them?

How much butter?
Temp and how long in the oven?
Anything else go on them?

I'm hungry now

TAFKAP

It's as wild as you want to make them.

Here's a link to Mrs. TAFKAP's blog about it:

Baked Oysters

24 (or more) raw oysters
Salt
Parmesan Cheese
Lemon Juice
4 tbsp butter
4 cloves garlic
Seasoning of choice (I used @traderjoes South Africa Smoke)

-Chop garlic.
-Place one oyster in each slot of a mini muffin tin, draining some of the saltwater from each slot as it forms.
-Salt and season oysters
-top each oyster with a bit of the chopped garlic
-Top with about a teaspoon and a half of Parmesan on each oyster. No need to measure, just add as much or as little as you want.
-Drizzle with butter. I like @kerrygoldusa the best.
-Squeeze lemon on top.
-Bake in a 400F oven until desired doneness. I only left ours in for about 8-10 minutes.

Serve with crusty French bread for dipping. Enjoy!!

DaveB

Listen folks, all that stuff about oysters helping light fires, you get my drift....right...?

Well I bought two dozen and only 12 worked. Ripped off again.

Drive on by

Latest posts