Fresh oysters

waterman

Didn't want to hijack rugers thread. Got a early father's day present this morning. Fed ex delivered 100 fresh oysters from maine . Can't wait to dig in tonight. Combo of steamed ,raw ,and baked. Mmmm. Mmmm

Attachments

• IMG_20200617_112134384.jpg
    IMG_20200617_112134384.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,645

JCDEERMAN

Chaneylake":3n6k7s1a said:
You need to Google "Acme Oyster Bar grilled oysters"

You can thank me later
Those are some of the best chargrilled oysters I have ever had. I have eaten them raw my entire life, but am on the chargrilled kick the last few years. Can't get away from them

JCDEERMAN

cbhunter":1jzo9rc8 said:
waterman":1jzo9rc8 said:
50 down steamed. My goodness there good! Plain old butter and homemade cocktail sauce

Looks like you had plenty of cans to wash it all down :D

I ate my share of them in florida two weeks ago. Man they was good! We ate raw and grilled.

:rotf: Looks like it!

TAFKAP

Pilchard":38tq7pti said:
No thanks on oysters from the southeast. Especially not in warm months. Happy to eat all that you have from the northeast. No cooking, no crackers and rinsed in seawater.

That advice is outdated and based on the harvest of wild oysters. With modern shellfish farming operations, bivalves of all types can be enjoyed year round.

Pilchard

BamaProud":2jr4tv3x said:
Pilchard":2jr4tv3x said:
No thanks on oysters from the southeast. Especially not in warm months. Happy to eat all that you have from the northeast.

Why?

Because of what Tafkap said. If it needs to be farm raised to be safe, I don't want it. Water doesn't turn over fast enough for my liking in the gulf. Besides, cold water oysters are far superior in taste IMO.

Latest posts