Rattling Report

BrokenArrow

bowriter said:
I use a TruTone mouth or blown call and a Woods Wise friction call. Seldom at the same time and I can't explain how I determine which one I am going to use. Those are the only two calls I have ever liked and used. With the TruTone, I can make just about any bleat or grunt, doe or buck, I want.

I could not count the number of deer I have called in with those and for sure I can't count the number I have run off.

I thought I was the only one who still used the WW Friction call :grin:

Rockhound

bowriter said:
timberjack86 said:
LOL Just pulling your leg old top :D I dont agree with everything you say. But you have been hunting deer more days than I have!

Note the smiley in my post. Rattling and calling depends upon deer density and sex ratio more than any other factors for success. It sure helps to keep that in mind when it doesn't work.

Looks like I'll be waiting until Saturday to try the new stand. I might try to kill a dozer tomorrow afternoon.

Ive called up alot of deer with one grunt call in particular, it doesn't always work but when it does it makes for an exciting hunt!

BrokenArrow

bowriter said:
They use to come to the sound those old Bakers made climbing a tree. I guess it sounded like another buck rubbing.
I think it was sometime in the early 80's that i made my first trip up and my fastest trip down a tree in one of those old Baker stands. :D

Latest posts