way too early acorn report

Bone Collector

I have been doing some habitat management on my land. Basically clearing old mature forest areas (mostly cedar) and hoping it will grow up thick and nasty to create some possible bedding areas.

Every oak I had to cut, whether it was a red or white had acorn buds between the leaves (basically looked like bb sized acorns, but some were bigger). If we don't have any extreme weather this summer, could be a bumper crop.

this was in Rutherford co.

JCDEERMAN

looks like we have a chance everyday for the next week or so....
I sure hope we get some. I think our place has been cursed. Cells always break up about a mile before it hits our place and regains strength after it passes. Only have .8" since we planted beginning of May. Weeds have taken over. We will be spraying soon and hoping soybeans regain strength

BSK

I was seeing a ton of little acorns on the trees early in the spring, but not seeing as many now. I'll have to look a little closer in the next week or so.

Hduke86

I've got a white oak behind my house that literally pours a truckload every year regardless and this year looks like it'll be doing the same. I'm assuming it's cause it tree is about 15' away from an old well so it has PLENTY to drink.🤣 If anyone needs any, just holler at me come fall time and I'll get you plenty. I have so many acorns in my yard that I invested in one of those pull behind things that looks like they use to pick up golf balls.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
I've got a white oak behind my house that literally pours a truckload every year regardless and this year looks like it'll be doing the same. I'm assuming it's cause it tree is about 15' away from an old well so it has PLENTY to drink.🤣 If anyone needs any, just holler at me come fall time and I'll get you plenty. I have so many acorns in my yard that I invested in one of those pull behind things that looks like they use to pick up golf balls.

Need to plant a pecan tree there.

Hduke86

Need to plant a pecan tree there.
Unfortunately I don't have room for another tree and especially one that will spread out. This oak takes two grown men to wrap their arms around it and it's only about 25' behind my house. I planted a willow tree about 7-8 years ago on the other side of the yard from it. It was about to size of a broom stick. Now that suckers towers over my house and almost telephone pole diameter.

Latest posts