Range Results-Knight & Blackhorn 209 (pic)

Howa

I shot the Knight Long Range Hunter today for the 1'st time, so remember I haven't had time to work up a pet load or anything, this is my 1'st 3 shot group ever with this gun. 100 yard group, looks like right at 1 inch. I know I'm a little to the right, but I haven't even dialed the scope in yet, this was just bore sighted. 1'st 2 shots were in the same hole almost. I was shooting 100 grains Blackhorn 209, 300 grain Harvester Muzzleloading Scorpion PT Gold bullets with Harvester crush rib Sabots, and Remington STS primers. Man am I happy with this gun and the Blackhorn, no swabbing between shots, and less than 5 minutes total clean up time, how sweet it is.
DSC01293.jpg

tndeer101

Re: Range Results-Knight & Blackhorn 209 (pic)

Are you using the bare primer conversion kit ? Glad you are please with my former baby!

Howa

tndeer101 said:
Are you using the bare primer conversion kit ? Glad you are please with my former baby!

Yep, and I couldn't be any more pleased with the gun, thanks again. Can't wait to try it out on a big buck this fall.

Tiny

Howa said:
tndeer101 said:

Yep, and I couldn't be any more pleased with the gun, thanks again. Can't wait to try it out on a big buck this fall.

You wouldn't have a pic of that "bare primer set up" would you??

Howa

Tiny

Howa said:
Tiny said:
Howa said:
tndeer101 said:

You wouldn't have a pic of that "bare primer set up" would you??

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/i ... 0061900044

Thanks.

It looks like you only get 1 bare primer disc?? and have to replace the primer each shot. If correct it looks like it would be easy to loose in the field.

Big J

Can't wait to shoot it Brother!! Thanks for selling it to me!!! WHooo Hoooo!!

Howa

Wes Parrish said:
Tiny said:
It looks like you only get 1 bare primer disc?? and have to replace the primer each shot?

There is no bare primer "disc", you change breech plugs, remove the bolt, put the other metal piece of the kit in the bolt, insert the bolt and it's ready, once it's in the bolt, it can't fall out, then you just drop in a bare primer and shoot. Once the kit is installed, you have nothing but drop in a bare primer and shoot.

Latest posts