Rainy,Cold Sunday Afternoon

Wobblyshot1

I've neglected this hobby for years and thought I'd crank it up again now that I've retired. This afternoon seemed like a good time. I cast up better than 100 405gr 45 caliber bullets. The 45-70 Shiloh Sharps will be getting a good workout soon. :)
20141116_162639_zpsva6b4hq3.jpg

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Looks like the RCBS 405gr FNGC... I used to have one as well. Mine cast 420gr bullets using ww and lino. Killed several deer using my 45/70 and that boolit. Casting is very gratifying

DaveB

Yes, a great hobby in and of itself.

Hanging around truck stops and junkyards though, you gotta watch that side of the fun.

Or, maybe not!

Wobblyshot1

EastTNHunter said:
Looks like the RCBS 405gr FNGC... I used to have one as well. Mine cast 420gr bullets using ww and lino. Killed several deer using my 45/70 and that boolit. Casting is very gratifying

Actually it's a Hoch plain base nose pour mold primarily intended for black powder loads. The alloy...I'm not sure as it was what was in the pot. I usually used a 30:1 lead tin mix so I'm thinking that's what was in there. Oh yes, I have killed a deer with this bullet behind a black powder duplex load in a H&R trapdoor officer's model.

Latest posts