My Sunday afternoon range trip

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I've been really impressed with the quality of my Tikka T3 SS 30-06 since I have had it. I bought it on clearance on clearance from Euro Optic, and really didn't put too much money into it. Other than a rattle can Camo paint job for the stock, a limbsaver recoil pad, and a steel multi-slot rail that I bought on clearance from Cabelas for cheap, it is bone stock. It's bolt is super smooth, and I used it to take my 5x5 elk in the snowy mountains of Colorado in 2018.

Everything that I've fed it shoots at least reasonably well, and most loads are great out of it, but this past weekend I shot the group pictured below, and I couldn't help but be really happy. It measured right at .3" center to center. I had to pack up earlier than planned due to a migraine, but my normally-accurate 116 didn't fare as well on that range trip.

I'll likely buy another one in the future in a smaller caliber (7-08 or 6.5 manbun are the most likely calibers), but I'll hope that the newer T3x is as accurate. I'll post pics of the ugly rifle when I get back in town.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
M1-level load out of my ugly beat up old 760 using 165 Hornady 165 flat based

Old Rem 700ADL .270 load that my daughter will likely be using for our planned Wyoming antelope and elk hunt next year. I've had this rifle since I was 15 or 16 years old, and I have spray painted it black and it's stock textured sand tan.

Latest posts