Rain suit

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Is there any out there that actually work?
Specifically are there any out there that work and don't cost $500?

JBell

The simms was a little big on him
DA06D63E-4770-4A9D-BE8F-FAFB21AD2822.jpeg

TRIGGER

I have the h2o from academy that was way less expensive. Does it keep me 100% dry? No but it keeps me as dry as anyone else I believe. Example last weekend my buddy and I got caught in some rain. He was wearing Simms bib and jacket and was just as wet as I was.
Not sure who but a professional asked on TV the other day for anyone that knew of a rain suit that actually kept you dry to let him know. Obviously it's an issue.

Crow Terminator

I bought the BPS 100 mph one...was expensive but I was tired of getting wet and all the pros use em. Guess what. It leaks just as much as a cheap one from Walmart, except it hurts more because I was dumb enough to believe it was better because it was more expensive. I actually have a Frogg Toggs (about $150ish) that hasn't leaked...it's probably the best one I've had. It's the FTX model.

Last edited:

CATCHDAWG

I bought the BPS 100 mph one...was expensive but I was tired of getting wet and all the pros use em. Guess what. It leaks just as much as a cheap one from Walmart, eccept it hurts more because I was dumb enough to believe it was better because it was more expensive. I actually have a Frogg Toggs (about $150ish) that hasn't leaked...it's probably the best one I've had. It's the FTX model.
^^^What he said^^^ I have a pair of Frogg Toggs (not sure which ones) I use for work and have had them for several years. Been great so far.

Pilchard

My "rain suit" was used daily in FL because most days started with throwing a cast net and I didn't like getting soaked when doing so.

My getup consisted of a cheap pair of white rubber boots, some rubber bibs and a rubber rain coat.

Pilchard

Setterman

I wear cabelas guide wear and it's awesome for the price. I wore simms for decades but anymore the prices they charge are just stupid. I do wear Simms waders but that's worth a little extra

I have frogg toggs overalls, pants, and jacket. they have all worked very well. I buy them on sale and have been pleased with them.

I also like to wear the overalls in the winter when it is bad windy deer hunting. Keeps the wind off and keeps me warm without heavy layers.

Last edited:

WTM

My "rain suit" was used daily in FL because most days started with throwing a cast net and I didn't like getting soaked when doing so.

My getup consisted of a cheap pair of white rubber boots, some rubber bibs and a rubber rain coat.

whats the deal with white rubber boots? used to see them on that alligator fishing tv show.

KyRick

Check out the higher level Frogg Toggs. I have a couple of sets and have been very pleased. You can get one of their better sets for about $300 for the set.

Latest posts