Questions

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Just a few off the top of my head.

1. Is TWRA going to have new blinds built this year or not?
I never heard ANYTHING about building some this year and some next year when all this came up.
Don't give me no crap about lumber being high, it was already high when this started.

2. At Gooch Unit A they took the top 5 spots away and put them in the 2-4 day draw OPPORTUNITY blinds.
If they do not build new blinds, on these 5 spots there is ONE permanent blind.
So are they going to require these spots to be boat hunted only?
Are they gonna just set un-hunted?

3. Did ANYONE involved in this goat roping blind grab ever, just one single time, EVER set foot on any of the affected WMA's ?

4. Since blind hopping is not allowed is someone from TWRA gonna go to every blind, after every hunt, and take pictures and prove that ONLY blind hoppers leave Little Debbie wrappers on the floor?

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Lumber prices should not have affected anything, the blinds are supposed to be built of square steel tubing, aluminum walls, and Trex decking. I never heard anything about some being built this year, and some next, but they'll use Covid as an excuse as to why they aren't all already built.

They took the top 5 or 6 blinds from all the waterfowl WMAs(42 blinds total). No hopping means no hunting, and if there's no blind, it will have to be boat hunted if hunted at all.

I doubt very seriously if anyone involved has hunted or set foot on some of the WMAs involved. And most especially has not been to the areas where multiple boats are required to hunt the blind, or where you have different routes to blinds based on water levels.

As seldom as I've ever been checked during season while in a blind, I doubt very seriously anyone from TWRA or USFWS will be checking blinds after each draw hunt.

Dodge Man

I do know Chris Richardson was taken to a few of the Tigrett Draw blinds some guys in my draw group. The offer was put out to him because we wanted to him to see what it required to get to the draw blinds for himself.
As for the other things I have to assume they will get some blinds in place. Especially after burning blinds. I guess we might find out when they do the daily draws if those blinds are in it or not.

Levee Jumper

I get not having them constructed at Tigrett and Reelfoot yet due to the logistical challenges, but don't understand why they havent knocked out some of the low hanging fruit at Gooch or Camden.

Historically, they catch water whenever they can on the impoundments to save on fuel, especially where there are zero crops (i.e. Gooch). They drag their feet much longer and we get some big rains, they might just have to build them all in water. At 30 grand a pop, I would be moving to get those easy ones knocked out that I could drive to in a truck.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I get not having them constructed at Tigrett and Reelfoot yet due to the logistical challenges, but don't understand why they havent knocked out some of the low hanging fruit at Gooch or Camden.

Historically, they catch water whenever they can on the impoundments to save on fuel, especially where there are zero crops (i.e. Gooch). They drag their feet much longer and we get some big rains, they might just have to build them all in water. At 30 grand a pop, I would be moving to get those easy ones knocked out that I could drive to in a truck.
If what I'm hearing about the company they have a contract with backing out that will mean they will have to re-bid and start the entire goat roping over again too.

West_Tn

Since we can't hop them I personally hope the ones they don't build and try to use the existing blinds that us hunters built get burnt to the ground to force their hand.

drake799

The ones at Gooch should already be built. As mentioned they always try and catch a big rain event and naturally flood the place. There is usually very little to no crops out there anyway. Unless you call the "quality moist soils" crops I just call it letting the grass grow They'll never get A4 built.

JDUB

The ones at Gooch should already be built. As mentioned they always try and catch a big rain event and naturally flood the place. There is usually very little to no crops out there anyway. Unless you call the "quality moist soils" crops I just call it letting the grass grow They'll never get A4 built.
I agree

Smashdn

A Trex deck board is $37 and some change. Stuff lasts a long time but also warps bad too. These 30k blinds are not going to be without maintenance aside from brushing.

West_Tn

They are there now putting a floater at A4

drake799

I hope it's been tested and is stable enough for 8 men to hunt from it. A unbalanced floater could get dangerous quick

Latest posts